Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=493)
-   -   Madden NFL 17 Features Focus on Franchise Mode & More - Bundle Info & 2 Screenshots (/forums/showthread.php?t=881045)

oneamongthefence 05-12-2016 05:49 PM

Re: Madden NFL 17 Features Focus on Franchise Mode & More - Bundle Info & 2 Screensho

Hopefully the cues can teach players when to use certain ball carrier moves and hopefully they're contextually accurate. Meaning if I juke right into a player i still make him miss because an animation triggers that forces the tackler to wiff.

Sent from my LG-AS991 using Tapatalk

DeuceDouglas 05-12-2016 05:52 PM

Re: Madden NFL 17 Features Focus on Franchise Mode & More - Bundle Info & 2 Screensho

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dwaresacksqb (Post 2048178062)
We actually were once able to give created players custom tatoos. Forget which Madden though.

It was the Xbox/PS2 era. They had like the tribal arm band and a few others. One thing with generics is if you just added a ton of templates it would make the current players look better and maybe even incentivize some of them to get their real tattoos in the game. And then on top of that it could add some life to the generic players in CFM as well. Once someone drafts a first round QB with both arms fully sleeved out people might complain but I think it would do more good than bad. And it's like equipment too where once you get a good base you don't have to change anything at all, just keep adding.

oneamongthefence 05-12-2016 05:54 PM

And looking at those screens we might have some actual uniform physics with the way the pants and jerseys look bunched up differently based on the wrinckles and creases.

DeuceDouglas 05-12-2016 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oneamongthefence (Post 2048178066)
Hopefully the cues can teach players when to use certain ball carrier moves and hopefully they're contextually accurate. Meaning if I juke right into a player i still make him miss because an animation triggers that forces the tackler to wiff.

It's impossible to know exactly what all this entails yet but one thing that worries me is that it will be something where they want to make it a risk/reward and so the game will basically decide on it's own what the "best move" to make is and if you choose something different it will simply equate to the wrong choice and you get artificially penalized with increased risk of fumbles basically forcing you to use the cues or be at a randomly increased risk with every interaction. I feel like it will be something similar to the DL and WR mechanics but I don't know how I feel about that being applied to a ball carrier but I'll just have to wait and see.

4thQtrStre5S 05-12-2016 06:02 PM

Gronk... :(

Didn't EA say he wasn't gonna be on cover? I know you wanna stop things from getting out early, so you deny stuff, but things like this makes me wonder what other news is false..

Cowboy008 05-12-2016 06:03 PM

I thought they said it wasn't going to be Gronk

azdawgpound 05-12-2016 06:03 PM

So gronk is the cover???

DeuceDouglas 05-12-2016 06:04 PM

Did they just show Gronk running over Jeremy Kerley in the secondary? Lol