Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NBA Live (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   NBA Live 15 and First In-Game Update Available Today, Post Your Impressions (/forums/showthread.php?t=781001)

Toma 10-28-2014 06:12 PM

Re: NBA Live 15 and First In-Game Update Available Today, Post Your Impressions

Quote:

Originally Posted by KuSHeD OuT860 (Post 2046747371)
how can you say otherwise...this is a NEXT GEN GAME and the players do not look realistic at all..and why do all the players jerseys move the same exact way..the presentation is great but the actual players look terrible..it looks so unrealistic when they shoot also

These type of comments keep terrifying me.... To all those who are also feeling this way, I guess the only way to verify this is by playing it.

KuSHeD OuT860 10-28-2014 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toma (Post 2046747405)
These type of comments keep terrifying me.... To all those who are also feeling this way, I guess the only way to verify this is by playing it.

i mean some players look realistic but some dont and they made westbrook look like an alien...it looks so unrealistic when the players shoot also..you cant even time there release..you have to tap the button..its a cheese fest kinda game...they have alot of work to do on the gameplay..i feel like im play a ps2 game

tha_show256 10-28-2014 06:25 PM

When the game starts with Dame and you are getting the tutorial, it is a thing of beauty! But then, the actual game starts...not impressed at all! And it feels very slow! I'm going to keep going, but for now, well, let's just say I hope it gets better. Let me also say that this soundtrack is DOPE!!

Daseffects 10-28-2014 06:30 PM

Imo this is best looking basketball game, and I own both of them. Graphics is most definitely not a problem.

tha_show256 10-28-2014 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daseffects (Post 2046747472)
Imo this is best looking basketball game, and I own both of them. Graphics is most definitely not a problem.

I must be missing something!!! I don't see it that way AT ALL!!!:y11:

tha_show256 10-28-2014 06:33 PM

How long should this patch take to install? I mean it's on my hard drive now the actual in game install is taking FOREVER!!

WTF 10-28-2014 06:33 PM

It's subjective, but if you look on Twitter and most social media, most people are saying how good it looks. To each their own though.

Mintsa 10-28-2014 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The 24th Letter (Post 2046747391)

This was my first online experience, I was the Hornets...

No lag...was nice and smooth....nice to be able play on ball defense effectively...really nice...I beat him by taking better shots.

On that note...

They have to take a look at shot timing online...I'm not exaggerating when I say 85% of my J's were late...like, I literally had to scrap the square button with the edge of my finger to get a "great" release...LOL

Other than that...good stuff,..,online could be fun this year with a few tweaks..

Nice impressions, give us some more please!

Also what stats are tracked?? W/L/dnf%. Anything else ?? Can you see your last 10 games played? Can you set your "favorite" team online?

Can you see stats like ppg, apg, rpg, fg%, 3pt% etc?

Cam Fan 10-28-2014 06:39 PM

I'm taking the other game back! Live is BACK!!! Love the feel of the game. It just has a fresh feeling about it. One question tho, why is my game skipping the halftime show?

tha_show256 10-28-2014 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WTF (Post 2046747489)
It's subjective, but if you look on Twitter and most social media, most people are saying how good it looks. To each their own though.

I need to play more, I know that, if it can look that good in the tutorial, I know it can't be all bad right? I'll try different camera angles.

WTF 10-28-2014 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cam Fan (Post 2046747525)
I'm taking the other game back! Live is BACK!!! Love the feel of the game. It just has a fresh feeling about it. One question tho, why is my game skipping the halftime show?

It's a bug that was created by the update. They're looking into a fix right now.

Insight23 10-28-2014 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KuSHeD OuT860 (Post 2046747453)
i mean some players look realistic but some dont and they made westbrook look like an alien...it looks so unrealistic when the players shoot also..you cant even time there release..you have to tap the button..its a cheese fest kinda game...they have alot of work to do on the gameplay..i feel like im play a ps2 game

This comment sounds TOO opinionated to me. In 2k bosh isn't accurate, wade isn't, Chalmers looks like a ghost, Lives kyrie looks better, Melo looks dead, Howard isn't accurate. Not saying that my thoughts are indeed facts just saying neither have all the players pin point accurate and both have players that look better than the other.

The shot forms for many players seem done to me it's just you have to release too quickly.

The defense is sliding all over the place in 2k, all the players in general are everywhere in 2k. Both are not without faults that's why I would say it comes down to preference.

Sig styles, post game, & individual player movement are on 2k's side.

nick_sr 10-28-2014 06:49 PM

Finally found out why a lot of dudes are making 3's on video's I've seen lol

Play on superstar and you won'tbe making 3's so eeasily lol

Cam Fan 10-28-2014 06:49 PM

My goodness, can you imagine a CBB game based on the Live engine. I would have to go to gaming rehab.:59:

tha_show256 10-28-2014 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Insight23 (Post 2046747549)
This comment sounds TOO opinionated to me. In 2k bosh isn't accurate, wade isn't, Chalmers looks like a ghost, Lives kyrie looks better, Melo looks dead, Howard isn't accurate. Not saying that my thoughts are indeed facts just saying neither have all the players pin point accurate and both have players that look better than the other.

The shot forms for many players seem done to me it's just you have to release too quickly.

The defense is sliding all over the place in 2k, all the players in general are everywhere in 2k. Both are not without faults that's why I would say it comes down to preference.

It all comes down to preference true, but I believe I'm about an open person as it gets, and the other game has more on Live than what you mentioned IMO.

JoeDog10 10-28-2014 06:51 PM

Well, so much for waiting on the demo. I picked this up on my way home from work - I couldn't help myself.

I have only played a half so far (12 minute quarters), but I at least wanted to hop on with some quick impressions since I know many of you guys haven't had a chance to play it.

To give you an idea of where I'm coming from, I enjoyed Live last year for quite some time. 2K gave me all sorts of reasons to keep playing Live. But for as good as it played at times, all of the little issues finally got to me and I gave up.

This year, I'm loving 2K. But, it's always good to have options. From the limited time that I've had with Live so far, I can already tell it's going to spend its fair share of time in my PS4. To say it's a giant improvement over last year would be an understatement. In my opinion, there are several things Live does better than 2K - and vice versa. As a gamer, that's a beautiful thing!

Okay, now to some random impressions:

- Flat out, the game looks good. It's undoubtedly next-gen. I wouldn't say that overall it's on 2K's playing field yet, but it's getting there. I'm really impressed.

- The arenas are BEAUTIFUL. Not only do they look great graphically, but the arena specific sounds are fantastic. Combine that with a lively crowd, and it's easy to become immersed in the game.

- The ESPN presentation just does it for me. The same goes for Mike Breen. I'm sure the commentary will get repetitive after a while, but hearing "Bang!" and "he puts it in!" will probably never get old to me.

- The CPU actually makes subs this year without the human having to be on Auto Sub!

- The spin move in the paint by the CPU is no longer an automatic basket.

- One thing I really love about Live is that it's actually hard (in a good way) to back defenders down in the post. In 2K, it's way too easy even against Dwight. Post moves seem very generic, however.

- Jumpshots are tough to time. The releases are a lot quicker than what I'm used to. Also, there seem to be some guys (Mirotic for example) that just have generic jumpers.

- Off ball movement seems pretty good, but again, I've only played a half. But, Automotion seems legit. I was playing against the Knicks, and it was good to see Melo in the post AND also around the choke area. He wasn't just camping on the same spot of the court each time down.

I need to get in more time with the game, but I am liking what I see so far. I'm going to enjoy having 2 good NBA games this year!

The 24th Letter 10-28-2014 06:54 PM

NBA Live 15 and First In-Game Update Available Today, Post Your Impressions

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mintsa (Post 2046747518)
Nice impressions, give us some more please!

Also what stats are tracked?? W/L/dnf%. Anything else ?? Can you see your last 10 games played? Can you set your "favorite" team online?

Can you see stats like ppg, apg, rpg, fg%, 3pt% etc?

I was looking for that after the game to see if I actually got the win since he quit....but I couldn't find it...I'll check again when I boot the game back up...

Insight23 10-28-2014 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tha_show256 (Post 2046747567)
It all comes down to preference true, but I believe I'm about an open person as it gets, and the other game has more on Live than what you mentioned IMO.

I mean gameplay wise. As a total package yea a lot more but not all are looking for that. I'm in between myself on if I want all that. I just pointed out some of the major things it has over live gameplay wise

Lakers 24 7 10-28-2014 07:00 PM

I only have one game in so far. Not sure if I'm going to buy it or not yet, but my first impression is that offensive rebounds happen too frequently and alley oops are too easy. Anyone else experiencing the same? Other than that I think the game plays pretty realistically, more so than 2k15 imo.

D Rey 10-28-2014 07:07 PM

How is the late game CPU AI

Lakers 24 7 10-28-2014 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The 24th Letter (Post 2046747391)

This was my first online experience, I was the Hornets...

No lag...was nice and smooth....nice to be able play on ball defense effectively...really nice...I beat him by taking better shots.

On that note...

They have to take a look at shot timing online...I'm not exaggerating when I say 85% of my J's were late...like, I literally had to scrap the square button with the edge of my finger to get a "great" release...LOL

Other than that...good stuff,..,online could be fun this year with a few tweaks..

I think part of this is due to input lag, due to controllers being wireless now which will always perform slower than wired. Add in additional ms' due to natural latency on the internet and it just compounds the problem. Don't know how wireless ever became the standard.

The 24th Letter 10-28-2014 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lakers 24/7 (Post 2046747617)
I think part of this is due to input lag, due to controllers being wireless now which will always perform slower than wired. Add in additional ms' due to natural latency on the internet and it just compounds the problem. Don't know how wireless ever became the standard.

Hopefully it's something they can toggle...I'm barely tapping the button like I'm throwing a lob pass in madden and I'm still getting a "late" message, lol

KuSHeD OuT860 10-28-2014 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Insight23 (Post 2046747549)

like i said some players look realistic...when they players shoot it does not look realistic at all...especially when they dunk...i dont know if live is trying to be a simulation game or an arcade game...and that doesnt take any real skill at all..all you have to do tap the button....this gameplay is horrible for a next gen game...i use to be a huge live fan...and i expected this game to be good after hearing postive thoughts from people..but this game is just simply terrible..ea sport just needs to work with 2k..they can work on the presentation while 2k does the gameplay...if this game was good i was open to maybe purchasing it but i guess thats out the question

Cam Fan 10-28-2014 07:20 PM

Is there a bug with the ESPN camera? It seems closer than what I've seen last week.

pdawg17 10-28-2014 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The 24th Letter (Post 2046747629)
Hopefully it's something they can toggle...I'm barely tapping the button like I'm throwing a lob pass in madden and I'm still getting a "late" message, lol

Interesting...I played online earlier today and even with Steph Curry's quick release I was getting "early" releases. I actually had to hold the shoot button down longer than I wanted to with him...

Insight23 10-28-2014 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KuSHeD OuT860 (Post 2046747656)
like i said some players look realistic...when they players shoot it does not look realistic at all...especially when they dunk...i dont know if live is trying to be a simulation game or an arcade game...and that doesnt take any real skill at all..all you have to do tap the button....this gameplay is horrible for a next gen game...i use to be a huge live fan...and i expected this game to be good after hearing postive thoughts from people..but this game is just simply terrible..ea sport just needs to work with 2k..they can work on the presentation while 2k does the gameplay...if this game was good i was open to maybe purchasing it but i guess thats out the question

Horrible? Haha I guess so man. You also must be great at this game because without cheesing your not plowing thru the comp on superstar.'if your not trying to play these games like a real basketball game then why play them? I can cheese on 2k on the highest difficulty. To me sports games in General don't require too much skill to pick up and play if your not playing it realistically. I respect your opinion tho.

GisherJohn24 10-28-2014 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cam Fan (Post 2046747680)
Is there a bug with the ESPN camera? It seems closer than what I've seen last week.

Looks good. Did you get the patch? Try changing it to EA then go back to espn

GisherJohn24 10-28-2014 07:38 PM

Subbing works great and love changing rosters on the fly and seeing stamina onscreen cough cough.

Mintsa 10-28-2014 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The 24th Letter (Post 2046747578)
I was looking for that after the game to see if I actually got the win since he quit....but I couldn't find it...I'll check again when I boot the game back up...

Ok cool. If you get a sec. Also, how's the fatigue online ? Do starters get tired? Do bench players get some burn?

JoeDog10 10-28-2014 07:57 PM

Maybe it's just me, but it seems impossible to beat anyone off the dribble. I had Steph Curry, and I couldn't even get a step on Ish Smith.

I also feel like even though players seem to feel more like themselves than they did last year, there's not as much differentiation as their should be between players. That could be me adjusting to the controls, however.

Mr.Smif 10-28-2014 07:58 PM

Payed the Mavs, every shot Dirk took in the post was a 1980's sky hook, will they be fixing this and other player styles?
The shot button is broken, shoot with LaMarcus Aldridge and you call really tell how bad it is.
Standing dunks need to be to down, Dirk Nowitzki was dunking on people in the paint like Shaq
Graphically better than 2K15 accept for some players faces and bodies being off
Love the physics in the paint and the block shots
Jumping tradition animations need work, they still jump like jack in a box

bowld 10-28-2014 08:11 PM

Played the demo and while much improved the game just feels too loose and arcady for me.

Nabz 10-28-2014 08:14 PM

Wow just started the demo, initial thought; damn the good looks so damn nice, the pics and streams dont do justice.

Cam Fan 10-28-2014 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GisherJohn24 (Post 2046747740)
Looks good. Did you get the patch? Try changing it to EA then go back to espn

Yes I have the patch. Just thought the ESPN cam was further away.

Nabz 10-28-2014 08:27 PM

Playing as the Cavs in the demo feels like eveyrhting goes in with Lebron and Love.

Anyone who has the full game, did they fix it like everything is going in

WTF 10-28-2014 08:28 PM

Yeah, it's toned down tremendously.

The 24th Letter 10-28-2014 08:28 PM

Never understood why Live limits your ability to swat for the ball on demand...I just had a user throw full court passes all game with my defender right behind him...but when I hit square button nothing happens...makes it way more difficult to play passing lanes then it should be...for all the talk of feeling in control, this is a rough spot...

The shot releases definitely need to be tweaked...it doesn't feel natural at all to shoot, especially online...

Sometimes things don't happen as fluidly as they should. When you do a drop pass to a big after drawing the help, there's a half a second delay before they go up for the layup. They also need more options when bigs are 1-2 feet from the basket...I'm seeing them going up for jumpers when a push shot/hook would have made more sense..

WTF 10-28-2014 08:29 PM

Do you use the LB at all 24th?

nick_sr 10-28-2014 08:31 PM

Man rising star has come a long way from be a legend in elite

Are Jordan's the only shoe you can wear or this there some glitch? Wanted pick emulate Lebron but I could only pick a style from a Jordan brand player.

The 24th Letter 10-28-2014 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WTF (Post 2046747958)
Do you use the LB at all 24th?

Only when I'm driving to the basket and want to pull a floater....will it work for a stationary big right outside of the paint?