Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Madden NFL 09 Comparison Video (/forums/showthread.php?t=250050)

DONF 05-22-2008 09:53 PM

Re: Madden NFL 09 Comparison Video

Quote:

Originally Posted by countryboy (Post 2038374546)
"seems" is the key word here. Its too early to tell how much of an improvement if any the gameplay has made.

Lets take NCAA for example. The early videos and clips suggested that it was much of the same as last year. Now, we've seen a guy at IGN(who's terrible) play an entire game, albeit 5 minute quarters and have noticed a huge difference between this gameplay video vs the early videos/clips that we saw.

In reference to NCAA gameplay vid you are speaking of, did you see any variances in QB animation from any other vid? How about for the RB? Lets try the WR variances in catching the ball? Did anything stand out to you gameplay wise that said, "wow that was different! He THREW/RAN/ CAUGHT/TACKLED different than any other player". If you did, please direct me to the vid you saw. Bottom-line, yes the game looks wonderful, but is the actual personality of the gameplay going to shine? Am I going to see Larry Johnson make a juke move different from Reggie Bush??? Am I going to see Romo sling it side arm from the hip??? Madden's gameplay has been redundant and stale for years!! Don't put new wrapping paper on an old gift!!! Give me new from inside out!

SteelerSpartan 05-22-2008 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wsu_gb23 (Post 2038374620)
Madden 09 is looking fantastic! Best football game I've seen.... this might be the game to top NFL 2K5! I'm pumped for Madden this year!

Umm.....probably not, maybe 2011...but by then we will probably be seeing some target renders on another set of new consoles

a4reak 05-22-2008 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DONF (Post 2038374692)
In reference to NCAA gameplay vid you are speaking of, did you see any variances in QB animation from any other vid? How about for the RB? Lets try the WR variances in catching the ball? Did anything stand out to you gameplay wise that said, "wow that was different! He THREW/RAN/ CAUGHT/TACKLED different than any other player". If you did, please direct me to the vid you saw. Bottom-line, yes the game looks wonderful, but is the actual personality of the gameplay going to shine? Am I going to see Larry Johnson make a juke move different from Reggie Bush??? Am I going to see Romo sling it side arm from the hip??? Madden's gameplay has been redundant and stale for years!! Don't put new wrapping paper on an old gift!!! Give me new from inside out!

well they do have players unique running stances. I hear what your saying but with the last 3 maddens being what they were, I just want a good madden game, which this year looks like it can be. Walk before you can run

countryboy 05-22-2008 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DONF (Post 2038374692)
In reference to NCAA gameplay vid you are speaking of, did you see any variances in QB animation from any other vid? How about for the RB? Lets try the WR variances in catching the ball? Did anything stand out to you gameplay wise that said, "wow that was different! He THREW/RAN/ CAUGHT/TACKLED different than any other player". If you did, please direct me to the vid you saw.

I didn't see anyone tackle/catch/throw/run different from any other player, nor was I expecting them to. I just wanted the game to be better this year then last, with improvements to some of the areas that it was lacking in. And judging from the IGN video, we got that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DONF
Bottom-line, yes the game looks wonderful, but is the actual personality of the gameplay going to shine? Am I going to see Larry Johnson make a juke move different from Reggie Bush??? Am I going to see Romo sling it side arm from the hip??? Madden's gameplay has been redundant and stale for years!! Don't put new wrapping paper on an old gift!!! Give me new from inside out!

And I can't answer these questions yet, as I have not played the game nor seen extensive video of the gameplay yet.

Bottom line is that no matter what I say or what positives I or anyone else points out about the game, you're going to find something wrong with it. So I'll continue to look at the positives and accept the negatives and you can look at the negatives and ignore the positives and we'll both be happy.

:waytogo:

backbreaker 05-22-2008 10:03 PM

I wanna lay with madden 09, it looks so good and I'm liking the presentation this year.

Klocker 05-22-2008 10:09 PM

looks tight as do the Ian vids... does anyone know if NCAA is getting the same treatment? tackling, running, lighting etc

I've seen the vids of NCAA but they are not showcasing the same stuff (marketing?)

countryboy 05-22-2008 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Klocker (Post 2038374726)
looks tight as do the Ian vids... does anyone know if NCAA is getting the same treatment? tackling, running, lighting etc

To some degree yes. But Madden seems to be taking the bigger "leap".

NBA2k8 CHAMP 05-22-2008 10:24 PM

Looks great I'm actually anticipating Madden and NCAA 09