Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   MLB The Show Last Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=57)
-   -   MLB 12 The Show Gameplay Video - Mets vs. Phillies (/forums/showthread.php?t=538764)

nomo17k 02-26-2012 09:24 PM

Re: MLB 12 The Show Gameplay Video - Mets vs. Phillies

Quote:

Originally Posted by thaSLAB (Post 2043402493)
Player vs. Player, Player vs. Team (RTTS), avg. w/ RISP stats were already in the game... they just weren't displayed, or displayed often enough.

I know all three sets you mentioned were in the game within RTTS and can all be viewed, but I didn't know all these were kept for *every single player in the roster*. Have they been kept within the game all these years??

I somehow thought the game wasn't doing this, because no matter how many years you play the game, the save file size doesn't change...

If so, not being able to see them were such a shame!!! Those were fun to look at.

Shaffer26 02-26-2012 09:28 PM

Wow, that chopper to Utley was beautiful!

PhilliesFan13 02-26-2012 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaffer26 (Post 2043402521)
Wow, that chopper to Utley was beautiful!

Exactly what I said. One of the better ball animations I saw today. Amazing how awesome an out can look. lol.

thaSLAB 02-26-2012 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nomo17k (Post 2043402507)
I know all three sets you mentioned were in the game within RTTS and can all be viewed, but I didn't know all these were kept for *every single player in the roster*. Have they been kept within the game all these years??

I somehow thought the game wasn't doing this, because no matter how many years you play the game, the save file size doesn't change...

If so, not being able to see them were such a shame!!! Those were fun to look at.

Yeah, I'm not certain if it was tracked for every player in '11 either. I was more or less saying even in RTTS, where we know it was tracked, it still wasn't displayed. You basically had to go to the performance menu to view them. So if it was/is tracked, we would never know, unless they displayed it like it is here.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Shaffer26 02-26-2012 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhilliesFan13 (Post 2043402574)
Exactly what I said. One of the better ball animations I saw today. Amazing how awesome an out can look. lol.

Yes, sir. It's nice to see it play out so smoothly!

UMhester04 02-26-2012 11:05 PM

Can anyone tell me that if you play with True Analog or Pure Analog whatever it is (the one without the PCI, it debued last year) if you have a right handed batter and a ball is thrown inside, if you push the analog stick up and to the left (to simulate pulling the ball) do you get any kind of bonus for this if everything is timed correctly?

nomo17k 02-26-2012 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UMhester04 (Post 2043402992)
Can anyone tell me that if you play with True Analog or Pure Analog whatever it is (the one without the PCI, it debued last year) if you have a right handed batter and a ball is thrown inside, if you push the analog stick up and to the left (to simulate pulling the ball) do you get any kind of bonus for this if everything is timed correctly?

Yes it does. It basically moves PCI laterally on your input (vertically, it's determined by player attributes).

ptw22 02-27-2012 07:53 AM

Could you film a Braves and Marlins game?