Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=493)
-   -   Some Madden NFL 16 Features Revealed, Pre-Order & Deluxe Edition Details (/forums/showthread.php?t=842247)

aholbert32 05-18-2015 04:46 PM

Re: Some Madden NFL 16 Features Revealed, Pre-Order & Deluxe Edition Details

Quote:

Originally Posted by howboutdat (Post 2047321315)
No it doesnt, and for the life of me i dont know why . Yet another killer failure. Also i agree, id love to see me be able to set auto subs and it work correctly, as well as formation subs . Personally id like to see special teams be added to depth chart , let me select who is out there on kickoffs at least.

Out of game formation subs would fix this too.

CM Hooe 05-18-2015 04:47 PM

If I recall correctly, individual defensive assignments did exist at one point on the 360 / PS3 console generation Madden games but was later pulled for reasons unexplained.

My memory is admittedly foggy on this one.

aholbert32 05-18-2015 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big FN Deal (Post 2047321428)
It was Ian, I think, that told us why, because it didn't work properly due to some other underlining code issue, which they hadn't figured out. If I find it, I'll link it.

EDIT: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...4&postcount=43

Wasnt it back in Madden 11 though? Also he refrenences UI and Screen deficiencies as the reason and not code. So maybe this is something that can be added since the UI has changed several times since Madden 09?

Marino 05-18-2015 04:51 PM

I will get the deluxe edition just for the extra MUT packs. That's all I really play now in Madden.

SolidSquid 05-18-2015 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marino (Post 2047321500)
I will get the deluxe edition just for the extra MUT packs. That's all I really play now in Madden.

Lucky, I can't really get into this mode bc I hate playing cheesers online and guys who can just buy the best team. It's unfortunate bc it seems like a fun mode and is obviously the future of madden.

Big FN Deal 05-18-2015 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aholbert32 (Post 2047321493)
Wasnt it back in Madden 11 though? Also he refrenences UI and Screen deficiencies as the reason and not code. So maybe this is something that can be added since the UI has changed several times since Madden 09?

This is quite a convoluted rabbit hole, imo but I think you might be thinking of best on best principles, unless defensive assignments made it back after Madden 2009 and was taken out again, which is possible. Apparently defensive assignments were first removed for Madden 2009 though and at some point I seem to recall someone pointing out it was removed because it didn't function correctly, which I know from experience was the case. You could assign a defender to cover someone then if that person wasn't on the field for whatever reason, the defender might not cover anyone, lol.

EDIT: 03-02 DB/WR Interaction by Ian Cummings, the addition of defensive assignments, improvements in route and coverage animations, jostling, and improved press play http://www.operationsports.com/forum...fo-thread.html

Well true to Ian's word, defensive assignments did make it back in M10 and that's where it went wonky and eventually removed again at some point. I'd have to find that too but it's at that point where I recall it being removed due to coding, that I referred to earlier.

aholbert32 05-18-2015 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big FN Deal (Post 2047321544)
This is quite a convoluted rabbit hole, imo but I think you might be thinking of best on best principles, unless defensive assignments made it back after Madden 2009 and was taken out again, which is possible. Apparently defensive assignments were first removed for Madden 2009 though and at some point I seem to recall someone pointing out it was removed because it didn't function correctly, which I know from experience was the case. You could assign a defender to cover someone then if that person wasn't on the field for whatever reason, the defender might not cover anyone, lol.

Jesus. LOL.

It seems so simple to implement.

Big FN Deal 05-18-2015 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aholbert32 (Post 2047321580)
Jesus. LOL.

It seems so simple to implement.

I guess simple is relative.

To close all this out, apparently defensive assignments were removed for M12 and then they implemented "best on best" for M13. Maybe with best on best in place they can now add back defensive assignments as that might prevent anyone from being left uncovered.