Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Golf (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Broadcast Presentation Blog (/forums/showthread.php?t=605130)

PhantomPain 02-19-2013 09:24 PM

Re: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Broadcast Presentation Blog

What about just having a text pop-up after every shot saying what the opponent's shot was and maybe how close to the pin they are. Could have a little graphic to show the lie, the shot attempt they are on and distance from the pin. No likeness shown, right? Or is it not just a graphical likeness?

OnlookerDelay 02-19-2013 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhantomPain (Post 2044728531)
What about just having a text pop-up after every shot saying what the opponent's shot was and maybe how close to the pin they are. Could have a little graphic to show the lie, the shot attempt they are on and distance from the pin. No likeness shown, right? Or is it not just a graphical likeness?

I like your thinking on this, but from the vibes I've picked up, they'd be afraid to even go that far. It would probably require more programming to come up with this alternate presentation of invisible AI players, as simple as it sounds, than to show shot tracers (they're already built into the game for simultaneous play anyway). I wish they could come up with something more representative in this regard though.

I've always wondered why they couldn't allow you to play your career mode rounds with one of licensed pros animations if they happened to be in your group, and especially if they happen to be tied with you for a playoff. I would think that would allow EA to get more out of the license fee they're already paying the licensed pro?

braves1398 04-07-2013 11:25 AM

I have this game on ps3 and there seems to be no true aim function, even though its says its an option in the manual?

OnlookerDelay 04-07-2013 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by braves1398 (Post 2044892993)
I have this game on ps3 and there seems to be no true aim function, even though its says its an option in the manual?

I noticed that was in the software manual in the demo version and pointed it out in the official forum. Apparently it fell of deaf ears because it's still there. Sadly, there is no True-Aim presentation option in this years game.

The developers did comment on it saying they couldn't get it to work right this year and they had to drop it late in the cycle. It's ironic that the camera mode that's the least "busy" is the one they can't get to work, yet these hyperactive broadcast cameras that flitter about like a wounded butterfly don't seem to be a problem!?