Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   MLB The Show Last Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=57)
-   -   MLB 09 The Show Blog: Sounds of The Show (/forums/showthread.php?t=292978)

mike75 02-06-2009 10:50 AM

MLB 09 The Show Blog: Sounds of The Show

Playstation.Blog has posted another MLB 09 The Show blog. This one covers the sounds of The Show.

Quote:

"The Custom Chants and Yells feature allows you to record your own voice and hear it in the game, either as a fan yelling from the crowd or as a simulated crowd chant. All you need is a microphone or headset for the PS3 and you can go to town. You can use all sorts of mics such as ones from Rock Band, the PlayStation Eye, and bluetooth headsets, among others. These yells and chants can be added to any player in the Personalize tab, either as cheers or jeers, depending on whether the player is playing at home or away.

We have been having a lot of fun with it and we’re sure you guys will, too. So warm up those vocal chords and get ready to yell. But please try and be nice…unless you’re playing against the Yankees."

BDawg35 02-06-2009 10:58 AM

Re: (Blog) MLB 09 The Show - Sounds of the Show!!

Incredible. Absolutely amazing. This is going to be so much fun.

Crash Davis 02-06-2009 11:22 AM

awesome good old mike75 comes through again in a jam :)

Pared 02-06-2009 11:35 AM

FINALLY we can talk about this feature.

Guys, this feature will BLOW. YOU. AWAY.

Read that again. Then let it sink in.

One of the key things I wanted to know about the Mets was if the crowd chants "Jose, Jose Jose Jose!" when he's up at bat. It's not in... but fear not! The boys at Sony went out of their way to set me up with this feature.. and boy did everyone have a blast hearing the outcome.

So I am given the official Sony camera with built-in mic to record my own "Jose" chant... so I go into this section and record my short snippet of audio. Once done, it immediately plays back with this insane reverb, echo effect as if it is coming from an actual crowd! Everyone stops playing the game and immediately comes over to check it out.

I fire up a game and pick Mets and someone... can't recall who... at Citi. Reyes comes up.... and on the second pitch... "Jose, Jose Jose Jose! JO-SE, JO-SE!"

Phenomenal boys. Unprecedented audio manipulation and use of stadium sounds in a baseball game.

Had there been a few more situations I would say it was the best audio sound feature I've ever seen in any sports game to day.

You WILL have a blast with this.

theaub 02-06-2009 11:35 AM

Man this feature is getting implemented much better than I thought it would be.

theaub 02-06-2009 11:36 AM

BTW Pared, if I'm chopping sound clips for walk-up music etc, would you say 15 seconds is a good length?

riDIRKulous41 02-06-2009 11:38 AM

Did you have to say Jose 3 times when you recorded it or does it just repeat your audio for X amount of seconds?

Pared 02-06-2009 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theaub (Post 2039157479)
BTW Pared, if I'm chopping sound clips for walk-up music etc, would you say 15 seconds is a good length?

Yup. It would really depend on the guy, though, since some players have longer routines than others.

Quote:

Originally Posted by riDIRKulous41 (Post 2039157482)
Did you have to say Jose 3 times when you recorded it or does it just repeat your audio for X amount of seconds?

I did the entire chant ONCE and it auto-played 3 times during an in-game situation.

Electron Blue 02-06-2009 11:43 AM

Can we record sounds as files on our PCs to use, or do we need to use one of those supported mics and actually record it to the PS3?

Pared 02-06-2009 11:45 AM

You can either use an existing file, cut a sample, and save it or record it using an input such as a bluetooth mic.

PsychoBulk 02-06-2009 11:48 AM

I can see hours of fun to be had with this feature, i see myself being very sad and recording hundreds of sound clips and chants for all the players, assigning bizarre songs for walk ups and homers etc.

Simply stunning feature.

EnigmaNemesis 02-06-2009 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pared (Post 2039157511)
You can either use an existing file, cut a sample, and save it or record it using an input such as a bluetooth mic.

So in order for the crowd to chant "Jose" or even "Papi" ... you have to go into that player's editor and add the sample in correct?

This is all too exciting!

"A-Fraud" in Boston, here I come!

Pared 02-06-2009 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis (Post 2039157608)
So in order for the crowd to chant "Jose" or even "Papi" ... you have to go into that player's editor and add the sample in correct?

This is all too exciting!

"A-Fraud" in Boston, here I come!

Papi might be in there... but if it isn't, you can add it! That's what makes this feature so great!

You can record "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-FRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUDDDD" once and it will repeat it 3 times. :woot:

EnigmaNemesis 02-06-2009 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pared (Post 2039157614)
Papi might be in there... but if it isn't, you can add it! That's what makes this feature so great!

You can record "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-FRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUDDDD" once and it will repeat it 3 times. :woot:

Awesome!!!

Do you have to add them under one of the 3 cheer/jeer slots on Papi or A-rod in the player editor, just like you do when you CAP?

Pared 02-06-2009 12:27 PM

Yup.

I believe it would be a "jeer" and he will hear it no matter where he is while away. So while it can't be Boston-NY specific, digital A-Fraud will be tormented all around the MLB in your 'chise. :lol:

bukktown 02-06-2009 12:30 PM

This feature is great I love that there are 3 total slots to fill. Ian going to waste a lot of time with this. Is there an option to not add the chorus effect so it doesn't sound like a crowd? I want to recreate all of the in game stadium music from the dome in real life.

EnigmaNemesis 02-06-2009 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pared (Post 2039157652)
Yup.

I believe it would be a "jeer" and he will hear it no matter where he is while away. So while it can't be Boston-NY specific, digital A-Fraud will be tormented all around the MLB in your 'chise. :lol:

/faints

Pared 02-06-2009 12:33 PM

I believe the answer to that is yes. You can use the sound as is or with the crowd effect.

Jdurg 02-06-2009 12:40 PM

F*%$ing awesome! An unexpected blog entry, and it's about a topic I was really curious about just a short few days ago! Thanks SCEA!!!! :D

pfunk880 02-06-2009 01:11 PM

Sweeeeet.

green94 02-06-2009 01:54 PM

Quote:

You can also choose how you want to hear the music - through the PA speakers like you are at the stadium
/drools

Pared - can you confirm that this works in Batting practice mode?

Pared 02-06-2009 02:04 PM

I didn't try it there man so I don't have an answer for you.

Infinite202 02-06-2009 02:35 PM

This is very very exciting.

Mark IV 02-06-2009 03:19 PM

This is a feature I've been wanting in baseball games since the Triple Play days!

I LOVE,LOVE,LOVE you guys for letting us pick which part of the song to use without having to edit the file outside of the game first! AWESOME!

Azamien 02-06-2009 03:26 PM

Wow, this wasn't a feature I was all that interested in until the blog and Pared's posts about it. Now even I'm imagining the possibilities!

EnigmaNemesis 02-06-2009 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Azamien (Post 2039158308)
Wow, this wasn't a feature I was all that interested in until the blog and Pared's posts about it. Now even I'm imagining the possibilities!

Same here. Spring has me hugely busy with work :p

So I can barely play Franchise till the end of the season ... but I know I will be fiddling with this all year long in my free time.

templeusox 02-06-2009 04:17 PM

I can't wait to get a "STEROIDS" chant going for Brandon Fahey.

mrj513 02-06-2009 04:28 PM

What is the process for adding custom music onto the PS3 for this game?:confused:

rundastreetz 02-06-2009 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by green94 (Post 2039157975)
/drools

Pared - can you confirm that this works in Batting practice mode?

<OBJECT class=inlineimg title="Big Grin" alt="" data=data:application/x-oleobject;base64,IGkzJfkDzxGP0ACqAGhvEzxwPiZuYnNwO zwvcD4= border=0 classid="clsid:D

</OBJECT><A href="http://blog.us.playstation.com/2009/02/03/mlb-09-the-show-%e2%80%93-road-to-the-show-training-modes/">http://blog.us.playstation.com/2009/02/03/mlb-09-the-show-%e2%80%93-road-to-the-show-training-modes/</P>
:22 on the video answers your question I think

AUTiger1 02-06-2009 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pared (Post 2039157472)
FINALLY we can talk about this feature.

Guys, this feature will BLOW. YOU. AWAY.

Read that again. Then let it sink in.

One of the key things I wanted to know about the Mets was if the crowd chants "Jose, Jose Jose Jose!" when he's up at bat. It's not in... but fear not! The boys at Sony went out of their way to set me up with this feature.. and boy did everyone have a blast hearing the outcome.

So I am given the official Sony camera with built-in mic to record my own "Jose" chant... so I go into this section and record my short snippet of audio. Once done, it immediately plays back with this insane reverb, echo effect as if it is coming from an actual crowd! Everyone stops playing the game and immediately comes over to check it out.

I fire up a game and pick Mets and someone... can't recall who... at Citi. Reyes comes up.... and on the second pitch... "Jose, Jose Jose Jose! JO-SE, JO-SE!"

Phenomenal boys. Unprecedented audio manipulation and use of stadium sounds in a baseball game.

Had there been a few more situations I would say it was the best audio sound feature I've ever seen in any sports game to day.

You WILL have a blast with this.

Are you gonna have the Larry chant in your game? :lol:

Ktulu 02-06-2009 04:56 PM

Will the music work with streaming files or do they have to reside on the PS3?

DickDalewood 02-06-2009 06:26 PM

I don't know that I'll personally use this that much, but WOW what a cool feature.

soxnut1018 02-06-2009 07:45 PM

I have a headset that has a jack (i am not sure how to describe it other than the same jack that your headset has for your ipod). How can I get my chants/jeers into the game? Hope that makes sense

a4reak 02-06-2009 08:10 PM

anyone have a clip from a youtue vid or somewhere else of a good jose reyes chant

statum71 02-06-2009 08:18 PM

Man this gives me a TON of ideas already.

I'm starting to think Sony guys read the "Madden" wishlists. Cause htye seem to be the only ones really putting in stuff we want.

Kolbe 02-06-2009 08:22 PM

Re: MLB 09 The Show Blog: Sounds of The Show

Quote:

Originally Posted by statum71 (Post 2039159238)
Man this gives me a TON of ideas already.

I'm starting to think Sony guys read the "Madden" wishlists. Cause htye seem to be the only ones really putting in stuff we want.

Nope - we just do what we want and what we think would be cool. We do read the wishlists you guys put up for us tho!

-Kolbe

theaub 02-06-2009 08:23 PM

Do you want to release this game two weeks early? ;)

bcruise 02-06-2009 08:30 PM

The first chant I'm putting into my game is "Right Field Sucks!" :lol:

So many possibilities for this feature.

(my current avatar doesn't show it, but I'm very much a Cubs fan)

Ghoste 02-06-2009 08:31 PM

I have a quick question. Are these custom music options stadium specific? In other words, my created player's home run music should only play at home, correct?

-ghoste

Tatz666 02-06-2009 10:47 PM

this game is unbelievable! it just keeps getting better and better....im getting so fired up thinking about it, i kinda wanna go punch a hole in something