Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NBA 2K Last Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Whats more important. Online or My Player? (/forums/showthread.php?t=507849)

AbdulP34 09-05-2011 07:04 PM

Whats more important. Online, My Player, Association?

Easy answer,
I choose Online & Association anyday. My player is soo boring

The Senator 09-05-2011 07:08 PM

Re: Whats more important. Online or My Player?

You forgot to list Association as an option.

AbdulP34 09-05-2011 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Senator (Post 2042813779)
You forgot to list Association as an option.

Thanks for the reminder, fixed!

Goffs 09-05-2011 07:22 PM

It's my player week, you know why? Because that's what the people voted on.

o iNSaYNe o 09-05-2011 07:27 PM

Re: Whats more important. Online, My Player, Association?

I personally care more about online.

thugnificant 09-05-2011 07:27 PM

seeing as how i have friends i pick online. My player can get boring fast like association. playing a skilled human opponent is the real challenge

AbdulP34 09-05-2011 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thugnificant (Post 2042813864)
seeing as how i have friends i pick online. My player can get boring fast like association. playing a skilled human opponent is the real challenge

Best answer hands down

eDotd 09-05-2011 08:05 PM

My Player/Association.

Any big offline mode will always be more popular/"important" than online (at least right now and for what looks like the next decade or so). The ratio of offline players to online players is still hovering around 3:1. Hell, that might be understating it but I don't have concrete numbers.

LakerPride 09-05-2011 08:18 PM

Hate my player I see. Well My Player is more important, I hate online, and most likely the only online I will play is crew games, which goes back to My Player. But Association is a close second

J-Clutch1 09-05-2011 08:22 PM

Eh, I wouldn't say one would be more important than the other because each of the modes provide a good experience for everyone.

But to me, I really enjoy Online Leagues, and I'll probably really enjoy Online Association.

mutumbo888 09-05-2011 08:41 PM

My Player + Crew w/no hackers = heaven

I find offline too boring and predictable. like playing 1 person over and over.
I wouldn't play any FPS game offline, the appeal of games like COD is the multiplayer aspect. same goes for most of NBA2K.

I'll be playing

My Player to get to Crew (closest thing to playing pickup ball irl)
Online Associations (makes offline Association almost obsolete imo)

if Online Association merged with Crew, that might be it... best game of all time. :D

wizzleman 09-05-2011 08:47 PM

I have to say Online (especially against sim players) If the A.I. of your teamates in my player were better then maybe it would be that but your teammates just do ******** things too much especially if your not the point guard.

Kurupt_XxX 09-05-2011 08:58 PM

online, more competition. funner. online anyday over offline

RedPhazon8 09-05-2011 09:00 PM

Online, at this point in our age I should be able to play with others with little problems.

Spartan901 09-05-2011 09:24 PM

For me I'm gonna say My Player, because I really wish I was in the NBA...but sadly that hasnt happened. So, next best thing......

eko718 09-05-2011 09:36 PM

Quote:

Whats more important. Online, My Player, Association?
None of the above. All are important to different people for different reasons. Over 1 million people play this game.

UnDefeatedEZ 09-05-2011 11:11 PM

Online Ez... Offline is mad boring to me in general when it comes to sports gms n shooter gms.. Playing against da cpu is just straight out boring.. I dont understand how offline gamers can have so much fun playing by themselves...

Dont get me wrong tho.. Offline playing against ur friends at da crib is crazy fun.. But im talkin about playing against the cpu??? Online anyday of da weak.. I jus think da offline gamers are not competitive or not good enough to beat real online players.. I mean lets b real.. Most offline players on this site can bearly beat da cpu on pro let alone allstar... Lmaoo sad really...

infam0us 09-05-2011 11:31 PM

I just like association mode and My Player, UnDefeatedEZ. If you could play both online then I would but you cant. Online quick ranked don't do much for me so I mainly play offline.

However if people tried to play sim basketball and not hack their players for crew games I would play crew games and team up all the time. I love the concept but its frustrating when you play with people who wont defend or wont pass the ball. When you get good teammates it's a fun game mode.

NoTiCe_O 09-05-2011 11:53 PM

ONLINE, the only reason i play MyPlayer is to go online with him and show ppl wassup

Eman5805 09-05-2011 11:56 PM

I don't play much of any game online. Tired of dealing with cheesers and people that's ideas of fun don't seem to have anything to do with the game.

My Player by a mile for me. Which is why I eagerly await the Insight this week. Hope the online insight come on last, so I can see all the other stuff I care about.

But, obviously, I'm hardly in the majority in that opinion.

triangleoffense 09-06-2011 01:07 AM

Association mode.. even when I had Xbox Gold, I played offline more than I did online.. I just had a lotta fun tryin to win championships or rebuilding a team.. signing players, imagining how they would play together, strategizing for the next game etc. etc.. yall association players know what I mean? lol...its just fun..

BRxSKINSx 09-06-2011 01:16 AM

That's a tough question to answer if you're a fan of crew games....My player mode is needed for crew games.....an online is needed to play those crew games....My player has to be playable for u to build up your player for your crew, that sounds pretty important....BUT if online sucks, i doubt if you'll be playing any crew games......so online is important too......looks like you were better off asking, "Which came first, the chicken or da egg,....."

NINJAK2 09-06-2011 02:44 AM

For me definetly online. After going online the last couple of days I was reminded that it needs the most work imo out of the 3 mentioned. It has been a constant headache for the last 3 years with constant disconnects and undependability. Playing team-up games is probably the most fun online mode in this game but it is the least stable also. If that worked I would probably play that non stop. VS. Mode online is also problematic with disconnects. One change I hope they make for 2k12 is to give people an option to finish a game against the cpu if a disconnect occurs in the 4th quarter so you can get credit for the victory. I had 4 of these situations happen today with under a minute to go with me comfortably ahead. When I checked their names after the disconnect it said they were completely offline which gives me the idea they were pulling the plug to avoid a loss like little punks and it was not related to 2kservers. So tired of that crap!

pabryant 09-06-2011 05:53 PM

For those of you that cannot seem to understand why people would play offline let me explain. I was so excited to get high speed internet and play online some years ago. Now I hardly if ever play online.

The thing is, playing sports games against people online, at some point, defeats the point of buying SIMULATION sports games. The cheese-fests that go on in crew games, the quit glitch in Madden, etc. Let's be honest, most people don't know the game of basketball, plain and simple. You can't even be mad at them. They are trying to win at a sport in which they don't have the slightest clue about the bare fundamentals. Most are DESPERATE to win, might I add.

So, what is the point of playing THEM when you can play the CPU which is trying its BEST to emulate REAL basketball. Real NBA Analyst were used to create the A.I. Most of the people online don't have a clue what REAL basketball consists of, let alone be able to do the things necessary to win against someone with that knowledge. In their desperation they turn to cheese and frankly,.. I don't have time.

To answer your question, I am most looking forward to Online Association. If its done right, I can play with a few friends and family that I know, know the game. If 2K includes player-lock and the turbo camera setting inside the Online Association, what you will have is, a MyPlayer experience with the control of Association mode, playing against real people. This would allow you and your friends to get drafted into the Association, take over the team that drafted you, player-lock YOUR player, and enjoy all the amenities/control of Association mode; including the much slower rate of player progression, along with the camera mode and "in the game" feeling of MyPlayer. Probably one of the best features of this would be, custom draft classes allowing you to play with the players that are expected to be in the league in a couple years,.. in a couple years of your Online Association.

titans321 09-06-2011 06:07 PM

I play both. I voted for Online. I am not going to cry that I didn't get what i wanted though.

green225 09-06-2011 06:33 PM

well for me, my player and online go together. the best parts of my player is playing pick up games, and building your guy up for crew, both online features. i still like the mode on it's own though, the 2 pics got me hyped.

Self313 09-06-2011 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pabryant (Post 2042817971)
For those of you that cannot seem to understand why people would play offline let me explain. I was so excited to get high speed internet and play online some years ago. Now I hardly if ever play online.

The thing is, playing sports games against people online, at some point, defeats the point of buying SIMULATION sports games. The cheese-fests that go on in crew games, the quit glitch in Madden, etc. Let's be honest, most people don't know the game of basketball, plain and simple. You can't even be mad at them. They are trying to win at a sport in which they don't have the slightest clue about the bare fundamentals. Most are DESPERATE to win, might I add.

So, what is the point of playing THEM when you can play the CPU which is trying its BEST to emulate REAL basketball. Real NBA Analyst were used to create the A.I. Most of the people online don't have a clue what REAL basketball consists of, let alone be able to do the things necessary to win against someone with that knowledge. In their desperation they turn to cheese and frankly,.. I don't have time.

To answer your question, I am most looking forward to Online Association. If its done right, I can play with a few friends and family that I know, know the game. If 2K includes player-lock and the turbo camera setting inside the Online Association, what you will have is, a MyPlayer experience with the control of Association mode, playing against real people. This would allow you and your friends to get drafted into the Association, take over the team that drafted you, player-lock YOUR player, and enjoy all the amenities/control of Association mode; including the much slower rate of player progression, along with the camera mode and "in the game" feeling of MyPlayer. Probably one of the best features of this would be, custom draft classes allowing you to play with the players that are expected to be in the league in a couple years,.. in a couple years of your Online Association.

EXACTLY... theres a difference between somebody playing sim and somebody actually knowing basketball... playing sim to alot of people is more than 1 pass and less 1 on 1... I cant deal with it, and for me online was too easy... I only lose when people used exploits, because that Thunder offense is idiot proof...

in a nut shell playing against somebody is cool... and might I add better offline as well..... but nothing beats the cpu playing like the actual players

NYdreams 09-06-2011 08:58 PM

my player is fun and all but i could live without it ...if it takes the removal of my player or crew to get better servers im all for it

KyotoCarl 09-06-2011 09:09 PM

To me; it's Association, My Player, Online, in that order. I never play online, but I do play Association about 70% of the time and the rest is probably My Player.

Flipstep 09-06-2011 09:45 PM

I think online has been an issue for a long time. Even though I like playing My Player.. the crew games and ranked games etc. haven't been up to the standards or close to the standards that I would like it at. Like crew game wins and loses don't count sometimes for instance.

Sasquash 09-06-2011 11:09 PM

Both are important i don't think either should be overlooked

TheKasmar 09-06-2011 11:34 PM

The CPU eventully becomes boring and predictable to me.

I've given My Player a shot 2 years in a row and havent stuck with it because the AI annoys me. They cant even make simple passes to keep the flow of an offense going. We'll see whats happens this year with My Player.

I like the competitionof a head to head game, because I get to see different styles of play, and I like to have to adjust to a human opponent who is much less predictable(EXCEPT 90% of HEAT USERS) and more challenging.

HsBalla 9 09-07-2011 12:35 AM

online is waaaayyyyy more important!!! 2k needs to upgrade their servers asap, their still using the ones from dreamcast nba 2k :34:. If 2k doesn't improve online play den 2k12 is a fail

..GameOver.. 09-07-2011 04:39 AM

These replies crack me up. I understand everyone is entitled to their opinion but too many people make it sound like online is the most important thing. Period. If it was the most important thing then 2k would have better servers by now. Fact is, majority of gamers play offline which is why there are so many innovations to offline modes. If online is as popular as the majority here like to think then there would be much more innovations to online.

I think the guy that posted before me is exactly right with his statement about why gamers enjoy offline more. For me, it is all about playing a sim basketball game. I don't get that online.

DurtySoufReppin 09-07-2011 05:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by V!n$an!+y (Post 2042814140)
Eh, I wouldn't say one would be more important than the other because each of the modes provide a good experience for everyone.

But to me, I really enjoy Online Leagues, and I'll probably really enjoy Online Association.

what he said.

I hope crew mode gets attention though. The mode has all the potential in the world

Like Teebone said, CPU gets really boring and easy at times. Playing online gives you the biggest competitive rush.