Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=493)
-   -   Madden NFL 23 Improvements and Upgrades Arriving at Launch Based on Closed Beta Feedback (/forums/showthread.php?t=1000253)

Steve_OS 08-02-2022 10:05 AM

Madden NFL 23 Improvements and Upgrades Arriving at Launch Based on Closed Beta Feedback

The Madden NFL 23 team provided a list of improvements and upgrades that will be fixed...

Written By: Steve Noah

Click here to view the article.

PhillyPhanatic14 08-02-2022 10:09 AM

Re: Madden NFL 23 Closed Beta Feedback Upgrades Coming (Gridiron Notes)

"Looking at overall defensive gameplay, having a powerful pass rush is critical to the balance of the game, and the pass rush at launch is still going to be more powerful than it was in Madden NFL 22."

The whole article reads like Clint sticking to his guns. I like the feeling I'm getting from it, but we'll have to see what happens post-launch. I feel like our biggest fear on OS during the beta is that the game will get tuned for the YTers and comp crowd, and this article seems to say over and over again that they're not doing that.

PhillyPhanatic14 08-02-2022 10:15 AM

• NFL Draft Flicker Issue
    • There were a couple graphical issues we had during the Closed Beta that have since been resolved
If they actually fixed this... a bug that's been in since Madden 16 or 17... I will be very thankful.

canes21 08-02-2022 10:23 AM

So much of this is music to my ears. If they actually stick to their guns and don't fall to the complaints of some of the vocal competitive players, then it is a great step forwards for the series.

It was all good news for my biggest concerns heading towards launch. Coverage isn't being nerfed. The insta-sheds are fixed, but pass rush remains stronger than 22. The low interest players re-signing too easily was tuned. Draft logic was tuned even more. Less high profile players will make their way to free agency.

If all of that is working at launch, my franchise will be well underway early on.

YaBarber 08-02-2022 10:38 AM

This is amazing except for the increased range for user INTs. We do not need superhuman picks again. The responsiveness needed to be fixed for sure but we do not need defenders out jumping WRs on every single pass.

TarHeelPhenom 08-02-2022 10:50 AM

Pass Blocking isn’t strong enough/Too many ‘Insta-sheds’
192 Votes - 191 Comments

DEV NOTE: As noted in the Closed Beta Gridiron Notes, there was a bug causing super-wins to trigger too frequently early in the Closed Beta which was a primary contributor to the overpowered feeling. Looking at overall defensive gameplay, having a powerful pass rush is critical to the balance of the game, and the pass rush at launch is still going to be more powerful than it was in Madden NFL 22.

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/H1MLSXznpkxn7P0GUx" width="480" height="480" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/moodman-H1MLSXznpkxn7P0GUx">via GIPHY</a></p>

Sparkles 08-02-2022 11:02 AM

Hoping the sim stats feedback is legit. Really don't want to see unrealistic pass stats and QB rushing yards

GoJags904 08-02-2022 11:22 AM

Good start for launch. Just keep the momentum and give us some worthy live updates similar to this. It took a month or so for the fixes so I can wait 2 months for live updates as big as this. Don't slow down or go back to the old ways of slow progress an I'm happy

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk