Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NBA Official Team Threads (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=99)
-   -   ***Official Detroit Pistons Thread*** (/forums/showthread.php?t=187101)

poster 10-13-2006 12:54 PM

***Official Detroit Pistons Thread***

Well the season is approaching. Hopefully change will do them good. It seems like they are serious about getting the bench involved this year. Here's to the start of a great season.:drink:

Kruza 10-13-2006 01:10 PM

Re: ***Official Detroit Pistons 2006-07 Thread***

The Pistons looked kind of sloppy Tuesday night against the Heat when the teams played at Puerto Rico, but that's to be expected. Nazr Mohammed looked decent offensively, but I thought he fumble the ball in the post a bit much. Needless to say that was the knock on him when he played for the Spurs. That'll have to improve. He seems to have a jumper that's decent from the 10- to 15-feet range. His free throw shooting is not too bad either. Defensively, he did a solid job. He wasn't out of position often or didn't look like he didn't belong. He hit the boards well on both ends too.

I also liked how Jason Maxiell played. He frequently attacked the basket and does a good job of drawing fouls. He still has to work on his FT shooting, though it appears that his shooting form looks better. He's going to have to be one of the guys who step up now that Big Ben has moved on.

As Flip Saunders noted would happen, the Pistons played a lot of 2-3 zone during the course of the game. So far so good, but the guards defending up top have to do a better job of not allowing ballhandlers to penetrate the lane. But if the Pistons take care of this, and also don't get hurt too bad with opponents offensive rebounding, playing a lot of zone can be a really positive thing for the team. It's possible to get out on the break quicker playing zone defense than playing man-to-man.

The Pistons play the T'Wolves tonight. I'm looking forward to watching it.

Kruza

Pujols91 10-17-2006 02:34 PM

Can't wait til the real stuff gets going, lol.

Should be another great season, with a little more success in the postseason, hopefully. I'm really excited about this year. Glad to know there is a couple more Pistons fans here.

Psyblast 10-20-2006 06:52 AM

I can honestly say I am not nearly as optimistic (or even enthusiastic) about this season as I was for last year...I see the Pistons falling off a bit.

I hope I'm wrong.

Shaver 10-20-2006 08:00 AM

I see a slow start while we're getting the new pieces to all gel and getting the full Flip O into place.

I still like the team to win 50+, get a first round home series, and be in the ECF (at a minimum).

poster 10-20-2006 09:06 AM

It would be nice if they gelled quickly, but it probably will take time. Maxiel looks pretty good so far. Hopefully he can fill in when the games count.

Kruza 10-30-2006 03:13 PM

Oh yeah. The hunger is back.

"It was always talked about, `This is not a superstar team,' then all the sudden, we lose Ben and people think it's a jolt," Detroit coach Flip Saunders said. "The guys take that personally."

Kruza

poster 10-31-2006 12:08 PM

I am excited. Going to order the package today. Hopefully we get off to a good start against the Bucks.