Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   MVP MLB Baseball (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   MVP Baseball 2003 Impressions (/forums/showthread.php?t=19259)

Steve_OS 01-27-2003 01:01 PM

MVP Baseball 2003 Impressions

I recieved the 85% working Xbox code the other day and have played 5 games. I'll try to answer any questions you may have. If others can help me out by answering some questions that were already covered in our interview, that would help out a LOT. Fire away, I'll check back when I can. I CAN say this, it's a LOT better than Triple Play and it actually plays a great game of baseball. I'm shocked to tell you the truth.

Steve_OS 01-27-2003 01:02 PM

Re: MVP Baseball 2003 Impressions

BTW, I have not played with the Franchise mode, so stick to gameplay questions for now. Thanks.

Graphik 01-27-2003 01:07 PM

If you played the CPU, did he throw alot of 3-2, 2-2 counts?
Any walks? Was it alot of hit locations? And alot of foul balls?

Ferpier 01-27-2003 01:09 PM

Is it a home run fest or do you get good hit variety? Is the cpu walking you if you take your pitches? Is the baserunning AI working properly? Is it challenging to hit or easy? Is the new pitching interface hard or easy?

Graphik 01-27-2003 01:11 PM

Another question is about batting. Was it easy or challenging to hit? And did pressing the direction of the anolog stick to hit make a diffrence in your hit location?
And how was the CPU's baserunning?
More questons when I think of some.

Heelfan71 01-27-2003 01:12 PM

are there a realistic amount of K's and walks when you play?

How long does it take to play a game?

Steve_OS 01-27-2003 01:13 PM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr />
If you played the CPU, did he throw alot of 3-2, 2-2 counts?
Any walks? Was it alot of hit locations? And alot of foul balls?

<hr /></blockquote><font class="post">

Yes, surprisingly.

Not a lot of walks, but I sure did get a few during the games I played. We are definitely not playing Triple Play here.

Yes, plenty of hit locations. Bouncing off the wall at the right velocity can really mess up the fielders LOL...I've been burned a few times not playing the wall.

Yes, foul balls are here.

Motown 01-27-2003 01:15 PM

Hey Steve, Are the announcers in sinc with the gameplay, it seemed from the movies they were out of sinc, also hows the collision detection? When they hit an absolute bomb, do they have the players signature cut scenes like Sosa's (knows he got it all) hops or stands &amp; watches where the ball lands? Thanks Man!!!!