Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   A couple of playmaker questions: what's hook zone, curl zone, deep, etc. (/forums/showthread.php?t=218035)

Phod 08-22-2007 08:48 PM

A couple of playmaker questions: what's hook zone, curl zone, deep, etc.

The defensive playmaker options, I'm not sure what some of them are or what they should be used for.

What exactly is a Hook Zone?

What exactly is a Curl Zone?

What is Deep? It looks just like Hook Zone.

What is Flat Zone? It looks like Curl Zone.

How is QB Contain different than QB Spy?

Please help me out :)

Phod 08-22-2007 09:43 PM

Re: A couple of playmaker questions: what's hook zone, curl zone, deep, etc.

anyone??? :)

zeroice 08-22-2007 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phod (Post 2037680017)
The defensive playmaker options, I'm not sure what some of them are or what they should be used for.

Please help me out :)

Since you asked this question I will not insult your intelligence by educating you on Football. If you have played it or watched it one should know. But I would recommend Football 101 and also you can just google Zone Defense and learn the terminology for yourself. So just do the research. That's why people have not answered this question, it is not just a simple this is what it is. You have to know something about defense period, whether football Basketball or whatever.

Phod 08-22-2007 09:54 PM

Thanks for the help :jpshakehe Guess it's not very helpful around here.

coogrfan 08-22-2007 10:18 PM

http://www.americanfootballmonthly.c...landmarks.html

bgeno 08-22-2007 11:53 PM

Typically, in football, these two zones are grouped together to make the hook/curl zone. It's the area in the middle of the field in between the corners, but in front of the safeties.

Deep Zone is exactly what it sounds like. It's behind the hook/curl zones as deep as it needs to be

The Flat Zones are the areas to the far left and far right near the sideline, and they usually extend no further than 10 yards (or so) beyond the line of scrimmage.

QB spy is just a shadow on the QB. Wherever the QB moves, the spy moves. The QB contain is used to keep the QB from rolling out by protecting either end of the line of scrimmage.

That's about the best help I cant think of for someone who obviously doesn't have a great wealth of football knowledge.

ComfortablyLomb 08-22-2007 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zeroice (Post 2037680169)
Since you asked this question I will not insult your intelligence by educating you on Football. If you have played it or watched it one should know. But I would recommend Football 101 and also you can just google Zone Defense and learn the terminology for yourself. So just do the research. That's why people have not answered this question, it is not just a simple this is what it is. You have to know something about defense period, whether football Basketball or whatever.

It sounded like a legitimate question to me. Why not answer it instead of being a jerk?

Anyway, spy and you're going to do something like leave a LB in between the hash marks to keep a QB from running up the middle. Basically, the LB will shadow the ball/QB. It works well against the run in general. Contain and you're trying to keep the QB from rolling out.

Edit - Call a flat zone when you have an opponent that is throwing to their RB often in the flats. Those plays where the RB just takes off horizontal to the line of scrimmage. It's actually a good way to get an occasional pick if they're not careful.

ac11367 08-23-2007 12:03 PM

This is a bit off-topic, but I don't want to start a new thread just to ask one silly question.

How do I playmaker to get the defense to pass or run commit? Do I just move the right stick up or down right after snap like last gen's version?