Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports NCAA Basketball Sliders (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=79)
-   -   ***Tomba321's NCAA March Madness 08 Sliders*** (/forums/showthread.php?t=231701)

Tomba 12-13-2007 11:01 PM

***Tomba321's NCAA March Madness 08 Sliders***

This is strictly the slider set that I've made as of right now. This is what I consider a good base to start my ongoing work off of. I generally tend to favor the user rather than the cpu in some areas but I always try finding the slider set that makes the game flow the best. Regardless of stats etc. I play almost every sports game like a simulation anyway so I can dictate this by the overall difficulty level that I adjust the sliders for.

BROADCAST CAMERA-Pitch-7/Zoom-7/Post Zoom-OFF
DIFFICULTY LEVEL: ALL CONFERENCE
HALF MINUTES: 10

GLOBAL SLIDERS

Game Speed: 35
FT Difficulty: 50
Boundary Force: 100
Fatigue Effect: 100
Shooting Foul Freq: DEFAULT
Reach-In Foul Freq: DEFAULT
In Air Collision Freq: DEFAULT

USER/CPU SLIDERS

Steals: 100/0
Interceptions: 35/0
Shot Block Ability: 100/0
Dunk/Lay-up Blocks: 100/0
Freestyle Effectiveness: 35/35 (CRITICAL)
Dunk vs Layup Freq: 48/48
CPU Sub Frequency: 50(CPU Slider)
User On Ball Defensive Assist: 42(User Slider)
Fakeout Discipline: 100/50
Offensive Reb: 42/42
Defensive Reb: 75/75
Short Range Shooting: 50/50
Medium Range Shooting: 64/40
Long Range Shooting: 50/40
Dunk Percentage: 50/75
Layup Percentage: 55/75
Adjusted Shot Percentage: 50/50
On Ball Physical Defense: 0/0
Double Team Effectiveness: 50/0
Pro Hop Effectiveness: 25/70
Drop Step Effect: 25/70
CPU Sub Frequency: 50(CPU Slider)

i honestly have been trying to up the game speed(tempo if you will) but it just does not click with the freestyle controls as they become too arcadey once you go any further than say 35 .
With the two speed adjustments that ARE game speed ANd freestyle effectiveness you have to have them togther to blend and somehow they blend the best at 35. the other speed ones (the pro step and pro hop) also need to be as they are depending on cpu or user.

rmcguire 12-14-2007 11:24 AM

Re: ***Tomba321's NCAA March Madness 08 Sliders***

Hey Tomba I tried playmakers but with his sliders sometimes the players seem to teleport and move at rapid pace every so often, will adjusting the game speed and the freestyle effectiveness help this?

thanks

Tomba 12-14-2007 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rmcguire (Post 2037985670)
Hey Tomba I tried playmakers but with his sliders sometimes the players seem to teleport and move at rapid pace every so often, will adjusting the game speed and the freestyle effectiveness help this?

thanks

Yes please try my slider set completely because all my settings work as a collaberative:)

Reddog2 12-14-2007 12:44 PM

Tomba, I am at work now but can't wait to try these out as your Live sliders rocked.

Do you know if there are any adjustments that will impact the way players put their arms straight up and jump for rebounds? Didn't know if there were player edits that would impact rebound awareness or anything like that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tomba321 (Post 2037985816)
Yes please try my slider set completely because all my settings work as a collaberative:)

rmcguire 12-14-2007 03:20 PM

everything seems a lot slower which in some cases I like, but when Im on offense the defense just seems as though it stands around. Is there a correlation between game speed and freestyle effectiveness? Granted I only played about 5 minutes and was Illinois up 12 to 4 vs. Indiana.

I just think the defense needs some more work

thanks

Chappy 12-14-2007 05:19 PM

I'm looking forward in trying these out as well.. I'm on the verge of trading this game in.. I think the gameplay is awful! There is no "fast breaks" what so ever in this game. If you grab a rebound and then hit turbo up court, your other teammates just jog up the court, resulting in no fast break points.. Also as mentioned in a post that if you use any higher game speeds, your players go into this "warped" speed that you have no control what movements your players performs. Most of the times, my players "warp" right out of bounds.. VERY FRUSTRATING!!!! Also, my FT percentage is really bad! The PC seems to hit alot of shots. If my guy is not WIDE open, he will not stick anything. . Also the offensive rebounding is very poor.. I know sliders may help with this..

Another annoying thing is not knowing who is subbing in and when. I mean come on.. how hard is it to program that feature??????

i think the only plus I can give this game is arena's and player models. Recruiting system is pretty neat as well..

I'm hoping these sliders can help change my view on this game.. I already traded in CH2K8 for this, and I'm starting to regret my decision.

I'll let you know what I think

CeltBhoy33 12-15-2007 09:46 AM

I cant wait to play with these man:cool:. It will be awhile since I dont get the game tell Christmas.:frown:

Chappy 12-15-2007 02:31 PM

Just traded MM back in for CH2k8 again..... Not even a comparison.. EA needs to really start producing quality games... It's been awhile... Oh well... Looks like we all know who the winner is again for basketball.....