Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Operation Sports Content and Other News (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=107)
-   -   T.J.'s Time Machine - Hardball III (/forums/showthread.php?t=243720)

RaychelSnr 03-20-2008 04:07 PM

T.J.'s Time Machine - Hardball III

T.J. Cutini's Video Game Time Machine is back and today he is sending us back to visit a PC gaming classic, Hardball III.

Quote:

"Sports Gaming on the PC certainly has seen better days. As you look across the spectrum of games available now, you're forced to settle with bad EA Sports ports, obscure soccer games, and text sims. It wasn't always like that though, and one baseball franchise broke all sorts of new ground doing things nobody else even thought possible."

MassNole 03-20-2008 04:21 PM

I loved this game when I was younger.

USF11 03-20-2008 04:33 PM

I played this game more then any other game, when I was a young lad. The game just felt so statisically accurate and rewarding. When you had a 4/5 game at the dish you felt like you accomplished something.

racerx 03-20-2008 05:00 PM

I played this game to death back then!!! Loved it.....

dansaint 03-20-2008 08:37 PM

One thing I remember about the game on the Genesis was as a kid...spending a ton of time renaming guys according to the Minor League baseball cards I had. Had a lot of fun with that game. Was a breakthrough game. The 1st was RBI...then came Hardball III and set everything in motion

theaub 03-21-2008 12:18 AM

Re: T.J.'s Time Machine - Hardball III

Best game ever.

aggro77 03-21-2008 08:26 AM

Damn, we used to have so many great baseball choices. Now, only two. I really miss this series. I still have what I believe is the final version of this game, Hardball 99 for the PS1. It was free of all the bugs that plagued the PC version in 99, plus it had the real MLB teams as well as the players. Me and my friends still bust it out every now and then to play "Playoff" tournements on it. It was such a great series, so simple but, as USF11 said in his post, it felt so statistically accurate. Imagine being able to pitch and hit without having to press three different buttons and move two different "swing" sticks while standing on your head.

boomhauertjs 03-21-2008 08:31 AM

Re: T.J.'s Time Machine - Hardball III

I missed this game. We had an Apple II, so there was no way I could've played it on the PC. I'm guessing the Genesis version wasn't as good without the add-on packs.