Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   NCAA Football 09 Official First Look: NCAA Strategies (/forums/showthread.php?t=247490)

coogrfan 04-24-2008 10:42 PM

NCAA Football 09 Official First Look: NCAA Strategies

NCAA Strategies have just posted their first look at NCAA Football 09.

Quote:

"The offensive line play seems improved in pass protection, IMO. I am not sure I would quantify it as a pure “pocket” like some of you have asked, but I didn’t got stomped by the defensive line as much as I did in 08.

In 08, online play was hampered by gamers taking advantage of the lead blocking feature with offensive linemen. If you attempted pancake blocks with them, they would blow the DL several yards deep opening up a huge hole. This year, that does not seem to be the case. I worked on this several times and only saw one pancake, but it did not result in the DL getting blasted five yards deep – only two or three. The rest of the time the players were simply engaged in a tie-up."

Scott 04-24-2008 10:44 PM

Re: NCAA Strategies: Official First Look at NCAA Football 09 (4/24)

Just got done reading, some good info..

GTheorenHobbes 04-24-2008 10:57 PM

Re: NCAA Football 09 Official First Look: NCAA Strategies

Still just ONE playable camera angle? That's really unbelievable, IMO.

eaglesfan27 04-24-2008 11:08 PM

What I'm reading about interceptions still being too prevalent has me concerned.. definitely appears to be a rent before I buy.

bad_philanthropy 04-24-2008 11:11 PM

I don't like the thing about the interceptions it seems to indicate that DB play hasn't received the attention it needs.

I also can't understand why they refuse to add additional camera angles.

Scott 04-24-2008 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bad_philanthropy (Post 2038315016)
I don't like the thing about the interceptions it seems to indicate that DB play hasn't received the attention it needs.

I also can't understand why they refuse to add additional camera angles.

Yeah, the interception thing worries me, but hopefully they'll have time to get that fixed..

SageInfinite 04-24-2008 11:15 PM

Sounds good. Gotta see it in motion but I think I'll enjoy 09 since I enjoyed 08. Still not positive about a 1st day purchase but the demo and videos will help make that decision.

I still wish Tiburon would take more risks and throw a mass amount of authenticity into the game. Sounds like the little things have improved but I still don't get the feeling we'll see anything like The Show or NBA 2k has.

DONF 04-24-2008 11:16 PM

Same old EA! ahh!