Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Eyes in back their head: Defense (/forums/showthread.php?t=249745)

Phobia 05-19-2008 02:58 PM

Eyes in back their head: Defense

I was checking this out pretty heavy in the videos to see how the defense reacts to passes and such with out looking. I noticed in the pats video that the DBs still break for the ball without looking BUT the reaction time seems more balanced. They don't seem to be breaking on the ball the moment the pass is started.

Anyone noticed this?

I really really hope this is fixed since this was a big problem last year and part of the turnover issue.

Later guys

roadman 05-19-2008 03:13 PM

Re: Eyes in back their head: Defense

This was addressed by Ian Cummings last week.

Have spectacular catches / jet pack catches been toned down?
Yes, definitely. The spectacular catches have been toned way down in terms of how powerful they are, and defenders also have a much easier chance of knocking the ball out (since the receiver is really putting himself out there on big leaping catches like that).

Are Linebackers/Corners still super-human when it comes to making a play on a pass?
This has been tuned way down as well. You will see MUCH more realistic defensive pass coverage / play from the linebackers and corners. They have a much harder time making plays on the ball that they don’t “see”, they react in a much more realistic time-frame to the play (using their play recognition rating) and the distance at which they can make a play on the ball in the air has been drastically tuned down…so more often than not you’ll see them try to set up for a big hit to jar the ball loose instead of warping over to swat the ball down.

Found in this thread.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...s-part-ii.html

Phobia 05-19-2008 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roadman (Post 2038366639)

Yes, definitely. The spectacular catches have been toned way down in terms of how powerful they are, and defenders also have a much easier chance of knocking the ball out (since the receiver is really putting himself out there on big leaping catches like that).

Are Linebackers/Corners still super-human when it comes to making a play on a pass?
This has been tuned way down as well. You will see MUCH more realistic defensive pass coverage / play from the linebackers and corners. They have a much harder time making plays on the ball that they don’t “see”, they react in a much more realistic time-frame to the play (using their play recognition rating) and the distance at which they can make a play on the ball in the air has been drastically tuned down…so more often than not you’ll see them try to set up for a big hit to jar the ball loose instead of warping over to swat the ball down.

Found in this thread.

Nice find brother :)

maddenps2 05-19-2008 03:37 PM

I'll wait and see....

clarkerots 05-19-2008 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roadman (Post 2038366639)

Found in this thread.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...s-part-ii.html

I have to say it sounds great but I'm skeptical. Quite honestly, EA has earned skepticism from gamers, it's not just an attack. I can't help but think....what is he going to say?

"Are Linebackers/Corners still super-human when it comes to making a play on a pass?"

"Yes they are still super-human and will react before the ball is even thrown."

Phobia 05-19-2008 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clarkerots (Post 2038366841)
I have to say it sounds great but I'm skeptical. Quite honestly, EA has earned skepticism from gamers, it's not just an attack. I can't help but think....what is he going to say?

"Are Linebackers/Corners still super-human when it comes to making a play on a pass?"

Good point

ODogg 05-19-2008 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clarkerots (Post 2038366841)

LOL, good one!!

SoxFan01605 05-19-2008 11:18 PM

Actually, Ian Cummings has been fairly forthright about what he feels is good and bad about this game and games past as well as what has/hasn't been addressed.