Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Madden 09 Preview, Screenshots and Video: GameSpot (/forums/showthread.php?t=250064)

Steve_OS 05-22-2008 08:53 PM

Madden 09 Preview, Screenshots and Video: GameSpot

GameSpot has posted their hands-on preview of Madden NFL 09. They have also posted some more screenshots and a video clip.

Quote:

"There's one other aspect of difficulty in Madden NFL 09: game style. There are a number of different game styles you can choose from before you begin a game, and each presents information to you in a slightly different way once the game begins. On the beginner game style, the game is simplified to a great degree; for example, when in the huddle, the game will give you only one play to call. As you move up through the more advanced game-style options, you'll get more play-call options available to you, until you reach the hardcore level, which is a presentation level designed for the most faithful Madden fans. At the hardcore level, superfluous features such as instant replays and the backtrack feature (which breaks down your busted plays in exacting details) are turned off so that you can get to the next play as quickly as possible."

adub88 05-22-2008 08:54 PM

Re: Madden 09 Preview, Screenshots and Video: GameSpot

good look on the post

countryboy 05-22-2008 09:02 PM

ok... the virtual Madden IQ training thing looks goofy. And I am still skeptical on how it will work. Like its been stated before, I don't want the game to dumb down a great team or improve a poor team based off my performance from a previous game. Glad that I can turn it off.

edubbs 05-22-2008 09:02 PM

Meh.....

DE's are still getting thrown to the grown like ragdolls, instead of getting up field to force the QB to step up in the pocket.

Scott 05-22-2008 09:04 PM

I noticed flash bulbs :) nice.

adub88 05-22-2008 09:06 PM

Collinsworth is sounding pretty good. He's delivering good analysis and player specific comments. It sure beats Madden's one liners in the past like "Peyton Manning has a quick release". I just hope they tone down the camera flashing. It's a bit much.

Scott 05-22-2008 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adub88 (Post 2038374584)
Collinsworth is sounding pretty good. He's delivering good analysis and player specific comments. It sure beats Madden's one liners in the past like "Peyton Manning has a quick release". I just hope they tone down the camera flashing. It's a bit much.

I thought Hammond didn't sound as robotic either.

countryboy 05-22-2008 09:10 PM

Hammond is a boring guy in the booth. Just my .02.

And man, people in Dallas sure like taking pictures at football games.