Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NFL Head Coach (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=135)
-   -   **NFL Head Coach 09 Developer Q&A Thread** (/forums/showthread.php?t=251227)

Josh_Looman 06-03-2008 05:04 PM

**NFL Head Coach 09 Developer Q&A Thread**

Guys, thought I'd come on here and answer any questions you have about NFL Head Coach '09.

Please post your questions and I'll try to answer them the best that I can.

Scott 06-03-2008 05:08 PM

Re: Lead Designer Q&A Session

Will we ever be able to import draft classes via NCAA Football?

BrianFifaFan 06-03-2008 05:09 PM

Are you able to switch teams during your career?

Russell_SCEA 06-03-2008 05:09 PM

Good to see you here Josh

Spin 06-03-2008 05:10 PM

How long will each game take to play?

Will the game play realistically, i mean, will i be able to run the table with the dolphins the first year?

Spin 06-03-2008 05:17 PM

Is there a demo planned, if so, when?

I was really excited about the release for simple of fact that playing this online would be great, but i recently read that the online mode will be only done through the “Game-Cast” view, and not the on-field view, :(. Can you explain the reasoning behind this and can/will ea patch an on the field view for 2009?

Ninjoid 06-03-2008 05:30 PM

Hi Josh - great to see you over here at OS...these are some questions that I posted on a previous thread a few weeks ago..if you can answer some that'd be great:

1. With the game using the Madden engine what are the graphical differences between HC09 and Madden 09 (if any)? I'm presuming the engine is using Madden 09 - but this may not be the case - if so which engine is it using? - update since question was raised - using Madden 08 engine?

2. Is there field and uniform degradation during gameplay?

3. Can you view other side's games (as cpu v cpu) - could be used as a valuable scouting tool? Or are you restricted to only seeing your own side's games? If cpu v cpu isn't in the current code can it make it in prior to release - or is that too big of a change to make at this stage?

4. Tied into question 3 but if you're side doesn't make the playoffs are you able to watch any of the other playoff games..ie with the game having so much depth it would be a little disappointing imho to play a full season and just be told who has won the Superbowl - it would be a great addition if you could actually watch these games unfold (even if you're team isn't involved). That's what would happen irl.

5. What is the pre-season feature that EA have alluded to on their website - can they reveal any further info on this?

6. Are the players/coaches in the game editable (Names/Ratings etc)

7. What happens if you get fired half way through a season...does it just end or are you able to apply for other jobs as they crop up by playing through the remainder of the season - or do sackings only occur at the season end?

8. Relating to 7 - if you are sacked can you just pick a new team to coach within the same season or do you have to wait for job offers?

9. What are the difficulty levels? Which level would achieve the most realistic results/stats?

10. In-game sliders - what can they affect?

11. Are there any other personalities in the game apart from Adam Schefter. If so, what do they do/add to the game?

12. Will roster updates be available for the game? If so will this include downloadable content ie. player pics etc?

13. What is the roster cut-off point prior to the game going gold?

14. Are pre-season games included and will the CPU sub out it's starters accordingly in these games?

15. Are there any player/coach awards in the game? ie. weekly awards, season awards.

16. Do players get selected for the Pro Bowl along with the coaches? Is this game playable within the game?

17. Are you able to view stats or highlights from other side's games?

18. Will the Superbowl be held in different stadiums each season?

19. Will CPU teams attempt to upgrade their roster throughout the season? For example, if their #1 QB gets injured and is out for the season will they look to trade depending upon their season standing?

20. Josh Looman in the OS video touched upon how they have got the stats and number of plays about right - has this been polished and can they confirm that the stats/no. of plays will be statistically correct with the release version.

21. Relating to Q20 - is there a supersim feature? - CONFIRMED If so has this been tuned to produce realistic stats & no. of plays per game (this was poorly implemented in NCAA 08)

22. Do CPU teams sub accordingly in-game? Is there a sub in/out slider and will it work? Will the #2 replace the #1 at times during the game for example (due to fatigue).

23. Does the weather play any effect at gametime? eg. A cold day in Milwaukee when the Bucs come into town - will it have a detrimental effect on the away team?

24. During a game are you informed of the latest scores from around the league? So if you're locked in a battle for the wild card for instance, it would be good to know the latest scores from the other games that your closest challengers are playing in. Does this lead into viewing highlights from other games?

25. Are you able to view other team details? Roster, stats, depth chart etc. Bascially anything about all the NFL teams.

26. Will a free agent always sign with the team that gives him the most money or will he sign with the team that has the best chance to win? Does the free agent take into account the philosophy of the team and the players or is it all about money?

27. How realistic will penalties be during game play?

28. Is the game single player only? By this I mean can you have more than one player during a career...for example 2 friends playing with different teams or is it a max of one user for career mode?

29. Will there be a demo released? If so, any idea on a release date?

30. I realise it's still early and this is dependant upon many issues but what are the future plans for the product? Will there be a HC 2010? Having been a tester for Sports Interactive on their Football Manager and Hockey manager products I realise the amount of work that goes into these titles. FM is a massive seller in Europe so hopefully there is a niche in the market within the US for HC09 which may lead onto further development. Even though I'm in the UK I've got my PS3 (region free) copy already ordered.

From the videos and blogs I've seen and also the great info provided from the recent community event HC09 looks a fantastic title which I'm eagerly awaiting dropping through my letterbox.

Thanks
Mark

Josh_Looman 06-03-2008 05:46 PM

Ok, guys. I'll answer each question one at a time.

There might be some questions I don't know the answers to, so bear with me on those (like demo specifics).