Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Five Madden Features We Miss (IGN) (/forums/showthread.php?t=255374)

hdaniel1 07-11-2008 12:12 AM

Five Madden Features We Miss (IGN)

IGN has posted a article called Five Madden Features We Miss.

Quote:

"20 years of Madden have seen some features, good and bad, come and go with varying levels of fanfare. Some, like the passing cone, have been pushed to the backburner or removed altogether with the support of the majority of the community; other features and in-game happenings, though, are gone and should make their return to the game."

Scott 07-11-2008 12:13 AM

Re: Five Madden Features We Miss (IGN)

Ugly list...no chain gang on the list? Main reason they listed Ambulance was because it ran over ppl, typical IGN answer.

SoxFan01605 07-11-2008 03:11 AM

Well...I'm with them on the game updates and the expansion drafts. The ambulance was fun/funny, but nothing I'd want in a football sim and Pat Summerall?!?...not a huge loss, IMO (I'd rather see a radio show ala Tony Bruno reinstated). It's an odd combination of arcade goofiness and simulation features on this list.

Ian_Cummings 07-11-2008 06:42 AM

I kind of have to agree with you all...this list is pretty weak. :(

In-game cut-ins is cool...but I mean realistically that hasn't been around for like 10 years. Expansion draft, meh, not an ultra-high priority for me personally given all the other stuff that needs to be added to in Franchise first (and the fact that the NFL won't be expanding for quite some time). Of course I love the ambulance but we all know it's never going to come back and run everyone over...and Pat Summerall??!?!?!

I'd probably put in-game saves, refs, chain gang, accelerated clock, and def assignments over all 5 of theirs.

Exonerated 07-11-2008 08:45 AM

I think for the most part it the article was tryin to be funny or somethin

mike75 07-11-2008 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheFuture15 (Post 2038489351)

In-game cut-ins is cool...but I mean realistically that hasn't been around for like 10 years. Expansion draft, meh, not an ultra-high priority for me personally given all the other stuff that needs to be added to in Franchise first (and the fact that the NFL won't be expanding for quite some time). Of course I love the ambulance but we all know it's never going to come back and run everyone over...and Pat Summerall??!?!?!

I'd probably put in-game saves, refs, chain gang, accelerated clock, and def assignments over all 5 of theirs.

Speaking of the ambulance for next year when someone gets injured it should take at least a few mins before reporting what the injurer was. In real life they don't know what the injurer is right away like in all the Madden games.

Also it would be cool to see the ambulance when a player gets really really hurt but not for every injurer.

Also can't wait for in-game saves, refs, chain gang, accelerated clock :) And lets not forget Cheerleaders

Exonerated 07-11-2008 08:52 AM

The instant injury thing was meant to be an emulation of the original next gen ad in 06 (the cgi one). I think ea wanted to copy that with instant injury reports.

And its funny when my dude is lying on the ground motionless and it says on the injury report : sprained finger, will return soon. Thats always good for a laugh.

grunt 07-11-2008 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheFuture15 (Post 2038489351)

I agree.