Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports NHL Legacy (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   The MYSTERY FEATURE found in the new Game Informer.... (/forums/showthread.php?t=255941)

allstar3970 07-14-2008 09:29 PM

Mystery Feature REVEALED Herein...(from August Game Informer..)

from the GI i picked up at a newsstand today...this was a sidebar on their NHL '09 preview: (pages 62-63 in the latest issue with Wolfenstein on the cover)

MMO, SPORTS STYLE!

"Since NHL 09 features six on and six online leagues and the new be a pro mode, it only makes sense that they combine the two to create the first quality sports MMO Title right? With the EA Sports Hockey League, this holy grail of sports games is about to be achieved. The league allows you and your fellow puckheads to join a team or "guild" in nerdspeak, of up to 50 people and compete for the world championship. As with the be a pro mode, you will create your player, choose his playing style, and start with a basic set of attributes. Then you can set up a team, choosing your name, jerseys, (from the pool of NHL, AHL, and euro league options, along with a few custom jerseys) and invite friends to the squad. Only 6 players from a team can compete in any given game, but you have another 6 players from your team online, they can start a game representing your organization. The competition is broken up by skill based divisions, which you can clib by improving your team's winning percentage. If your club is struggling, relegation is a possibility. After a yet to be determined deadline, EA will take a snapshot of the league standings and select the top teams from the best division to compete in the playoffs for the cup. The winning teams and star players will receive big prizes from EA, which have yet to be revealed"

Lubey 07-14-2008 09:50 PM

Re: The MYSTERY FEATURE found in the new Game Informer....

Well that pretty much solidifies it then!

star king3 07-14-2008 09:53 PM

its more solid than steel

StEaLtHsHoT 07-14-2008 10:09 PM

But I hope EA knows that the top 50 teams will prob be in the top 50 because they cheated to get their. I hope EA looks into this when making their choices.

star king3 07-14-2008 10:19 PM

ya

bukktown 07-16-2008 12:06 AM

That is old news.

blinkfan77 07-16-2008 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by star king3 (Post 2038500780)
ya

How and why the heck do you have so many favorite teams? Thats insane. And Sox, Yanks AND Jays? Come on man, pick a team. JK, lol.

Btw, in order for me to care about online mode, they along with every other game not called Gears of War or Halo, need to start adding support for 2 controllers on 1 console to play online at the same time. I hate how no games allow this. (if this new feature allows this, then discard this message)

Lubey 07-16-2008 02:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blinkfan77 (Post 2038505465)
How and why the heck do you have so many favorite teams? Thats insane. And Sox, Yanks AND Jays? Come on man, pick a team. JK, lol.

Btw, in order for me to care about online mode, they along with every other game not called Gears of War or Halo, need to start adding support for 2 controllers on 1 console to play online at the same time. I hate how no games allow this. (if this new feature allows this, then discard this message)

I thought you could play with guests in 08.

And as for his teams, I guess he just likes the whole division.