Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   New and More Sliders!! (/forums/showthread.php?t=259416)

DanSF49 07-31-2008 03:53 PM

New and More Sliders!!

According to Bill Abner on his blog, he recieved Madden today and he has found there are more sliders this year.

I finally decide to look over the difficulty lvls again and one of them is "custom" which allows you to change the base settings which are "Passing, Running, Pass D and Run D." I can move those settings but damn that's pretty generic, eh?

I accidentally press "A" when moving the pass slider and lo and behold a hidden list of settings pops up.

Here, I can tweak Pass Accuracy, WR Catching, and Pass Blocking. There are in fact more settings like Break Tackles, Reaction time for DBs, etc.

PVarck31 07-31-2008 04:00 PM

Re: New and More Sliders!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanSF49 (Post 2038556607)
According to Bill Abner on his blog, he recieved Madden today and he has found there are more sliders this year.

I finally decide to look over the difficulty lvls again and one of them is "custom" which allows you to change the base settings which are "Passing, Running, Pass D and Run D." I can move those settings but damn that's pretty generic, eh?

I accidentally press "A" when moving the pass slider and lo and behold a hidden list of settings pops up.

Here, I can tweak Pass Accuracy, WR Catching, and Pass Blocking. There are in fact more settings like Break Tackles, Reaction time for DBs, etc.

Link please?

DLaren 07-31-2008 04:01 PM

Best news I've heard all day...

xV3L0CiTY 07-31-2008 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DLaren (Post 2038556640)
Best news I've heard all day...

...if they work properly, it's the best news I've heard all day.

bcruise 07-31-2008 04:04 PM

He notes further down that he doesn't see any CPU sliders like that, that it may only affect the user. But, this is still great news that the sliders have been expanded. They've been the same since what...2002?

eaglesfan27 07-31-2008 04:04 PM

Read the blog entry - he can't find any CPU sliders anywhere and thinks there are only human sliders. It could be just hasn't found him, but his post is worrying even though the new sliders sound interesting.

http://nutweasel.blogspot.com/

g2thecore 07-31-2008 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xV3L0CiTY (Post 2038556644)
...if they work properly, it's the best news I've heard all day.

Yeah, that's IF they work properly.....

callmetaternuts 07-31-2008 04:10 PM

Thats a good catch by Bill. Although he says you cant alter the CPU sliders (or he cant find them)......wonder whats up with that.