Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Madden 09 Patch #1 Released, Discuss Here (360, PS3) (/forums/showthread.php?t=262916)

TJdaSportsGuy 08-15-2008 04:07 PM

Madden 09 Patch #1 Released, Discuss Here (360, PS3)

Feel free to discuss the patch here. According to EA's Phil Frazier, this is what the patch addressed.

Quote:

• Changed default quarter length of online leagues to 5 minutes.
  • Solved a very rare stability issue that occured when using a couple of playbooks.
  • Eliminated a button mashing glitch during high latency online games.
  • Eliminated a stability issue that sometimes occured while viewing the player HUB in online leagues.
  • Fixed a tricky disc eject glitch that occured at specific points of online games.
  • Kick Return Tuning - made improvements to help reduce frequent long kick returns.
  • Safety Tuning - eliminated issue where safeties in deep zone coverage would sometimes not react to a run to their side.
  • The game skill slider for interceptions was tuned to amplify it's affect.

CM1847 08-15-2008 04:37 PM

Re: **Madden 09 Patch (360/PS3) Discussion Thread**

I think it'd save a lot of confusion if you copied Ian's list of issues the patch was supposed to address into the top post here, just a thought.

Edit: Sorry, it wasn't Ian who posted that, it was one of the others, either way, it'd be useful I think.

I just got the patch, playing my first game now, from what I remember of the list the only gameplay-related fix is with the kick-returns, I'll keep an eye on that.

TJdaSportsGuy 08-15-2008 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CM1847 (Post 2038610732)
I think it'd save a lot of confusion if you copied Ian's list of issues the patch was supposed to address into the top post here, just a thought.

Edit: Sorry, it wasn't Ian who posted that, it was one of the others, either way, it'd be useful I think.

I just got the patch, playing my first game now, from what I remember of the list the only gameplay-related fix is with the kick-returns, I'll keep an eye on that.

Good call...I'll do that.

CM1847 08-15-2008 04:56 PM

My first kick return with the patch was the first time I failed to make it to at least the 30 yard line, so I guess that is working. I'll keep an eye out for the safety thing, I did notice at times a RB would have the ball and be running downfield and the safety would be backpeddling, hopefully the patch fixes that.

bighurt27 08-15-2008 04:58 PM

Well so much for robo qb. I got 6 interceptions in my first game post patch so I gotta go tweak my sliders again.

therockstar2005 08-15-2008 05:21 PM

Eh, I'm still getting the robo QB, but I think its half the game and half I suck. I have seen a few more interceptions than before though, and the kick return thing does seem to have changed, I think its a bit more smarter with coverage on both sides.

JMD 08-15-2008 05:50 PM

Robo QB was not addressed in this patch.

Anurak 08-15-2008 05:50 PM

Since the other thread is locked where I posted, i'm gonna re-post if that's cool.

If someone can upload the patch due to me having no connection to the internet with the PS3 cause im on vacation. Appreciate if you can.

:cool: