Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NBA 2K Last Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   THE COMPUTER MAKES EVERY SHOT!!? (/forums/showthread.php?t=273074)

-Boss- 10-08-2008 01:37 PM

THE COMPUTER MAKES EVERY SHOT!!?

:y13:

I am just playing on all-star too. If I don't double in the post, they make every post move. If I do double, they kick out and make every three.

I adjusted sliders and everything and they still make every shot. Anyone else noticing this?

beauboy00 10-08-2008 01:39 PM

Re: THE COMPUTER MAKES EVERY SHOT!!?

I haven't adjusted sliders yet, but playing on default all star,
2 games in a row, the computer shot 65%, 50% from 3, and had like a 21-3 assist to turnover ratio. unbelievable.

Joey P 10-08-2008 01:40 PM

You have to make sure that you don't have Clutch Factor set to ON.

beauboy00 10-08-2008 01:43 PM

haha, the first thing I did when I turned the game on was turn that off and went in to sliders and turned it all down to 0

Bornindamecca 10-08-2008 01:46 PM

This is partially a user issue. Use player lock for a game as the pg and play with or against the Spurs. Watch how they defend themselves in the post. Perimeter and layup defense shouldn't be an issue.

The CPU makes too many shots in the post with unskilled players, but it shouldn't be every shot, or near every shot. Work on shading properly, giving help defense after the CPU takes a dribble or two(like in real life), pushing the person out of the post before they get the ball, jabbing in and out with steal attempts from guards, using the take charge button, etc..

I think the sliders may need a hit at the end of the day, but before you do that there are steps that we all have to take to learn the new system to see how much of it is user error. Between seeing the CPU's tactics and having a few stretches of effective defense myself, I see that there is a whole new defensive mechanic to learn.

ruxpinke 10-08-2008 01:47 PM

ug ive noticed this too...i played 2k8 extensively, so its not like im bad at the game, the computer is ruthless with thier shooting. plus they can drive at will it seems, and once they go into an animation they blow right by your bigs. im playing on all star, really dont want to have to go back to pro, id consider that a defeat/blow to my pride, so ive been trying to adjust the sliders a bit, but it hasnt helped much. any advice? besides the obligatory "you suck?" lol

Moses Shuttlesworth 10-08-2008 02:04 PM

i play on superstar and at the buzzer the computer nails 35 footers with a hand in their face like it's cake. unbelievable.

ThaGenecyst 10-08-2008 02:09 PM

I played lakers vs pistons on superstars and held the cpu to 4 points in the first quarter (5 minute default sliders)

Billups was just completely off that game.... they came back on me but I pulled out the W