Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   All Other Sports (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Skate 2 Review (/forums/showthread.php?t=291622)

RaychelSnr 01-30-2009 12:23 PM

Skate 2 Review

The original Skate burst onto the scene in 2007. In one amazing effort, EA’s Black Box development studio introduced intuitive dual-analog controls that became second nature within minutes, and sent the long-running Tony Hawk series into an extended hiatus.

There were high expectations for Skate 2, and for the most part, it has lived up to those expectations. There are some head-scratching design decisions that were included in the sequel, but overall, Skate 2 is the new standard all future skateboarding games will be compared to.

Read More - Skate 2 Review

ChubbyBanana 01-30-2009 12:33 PM

Re: Skate 2 Review

A well writen review. I find myself agreeing a lot with the "easy to learn, hard to master" statement about the controls, but overall I'm having a blast with the game.

asu666 01-30-2009 02:55 PM

I'm just glad to see EA pushing Neversoft to improve. It's never good to only have one player in a market and EA is actually the rebel that is shaking everything up on this front.

BrownsFan72 01-30-2009 03:39 PM

I was never a skater growing up dont really understand the trick names but it doesnt matter this game is kick a@@. It is a solid 9. Hockey and this game for EA sports have it right.

MC Fatigue 01-30-2009 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrownsFan72 (Post 2039134124)
I was never a skater growing up dont really understand the trick names but it doesnt matter this game is kick a@@.

Agreed. I guess I can't say the game kick ***, since I haven't played it, but it looks like it does.

I'm really looking forward to getting my 360 back so I can go get this sucker.

Boucher 01-30-2009 06:25 PM

any tips on how to beat danny way at the beggining???

Matt Diesel 01-30-2009 06:52 PM

very good review. very good. great game too. it has its issues, but it is fun to just skate for skating sake.

TCrouch 01-30-2009 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boucher (Post 2039134624)
any tips on how to beat danny way at the beggining???

If that's the first one at his Mega Compound where it's 2 of 3...

Just have to be smooth with a little bit of luck. My best line was just to do whatever I could on the first big jump and then another huge trick over the elbow on the big tranny on the other side. I did the loop-de-loop to cross over the water and didn't bother with tricking much. Bust a big move over the other tranny and cross the finish line first.

If you outscore him and travel fast, you beat him. You can't spend a bunch of time tricking around or he'll outscore you. It's almost like a "trick race". Score big, but keep moving quickly and hit the finish line before him. He doesn't keep to get racking up the score once you finish...it just ends when you cross.