Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   MLB The Show Last Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=57)
-   -   MLB 09 The Show Blog: Sounds of The Show (/forums/showthread.php?t=292978)

mike75 02-06-2009 10:50 AM

MLB 09 The Show Blog: Sounds of The Show

Playstation.Blog has posted another MLB 09 The Show blog. This one covers the sounds of The Show.

Quote:

"The Custom Chants and Yells feature allows you to record your own voice and hear it in the game, either as a fan yelling from the crowd or as a simulated crowd chant. All you need is a microphone or headset for the PS3 and you can go to town. You can use all sorts of mics such as ones from Rock Band, the PlayStation Eye, and bluetooth headsets, among others. These yells and chants can be added to any player in the Personalize tab, either as cheers or jeers, depending on whether the player is playing at home or away.

We have been having a lot of fun with it and we’re sure you guys will, too. So warm up those vocal chords and get ready to yell. But please try and be nice…unless you’re playing against the Yankees."

BDawg35 02-06-2009 10:58 AM

Re: (Blog) MLB 09 The Show - Sounds of the Show!!

Incredible. Absolutely amazing. This is going to be so much fun.

Crash Davis 02-06-2009 11:22 AM

awesome good old mike75 comes through again in a jam :)

Pared 02-06-2009 11:35 AM

FINALLY we can talk about this feature.

Guys, this feature will BLOW. YOU. AWAY.

Read that again. Then let it sink in.

One of the key things I wanted to know about the Mets was if the crowd chants "Jose, Jose Jose Jose!" when he's up at bat. It's not in... but fear not! The boys at Sony went out of their way to set me up with this feature.. and boy did everyone have a blast hearing the outcome.

So I am given the official Sony camera with built-in mic to record my own "Jose" chant... so I go into this section and record my short snippet of audio. Once done, it immediately plays back with this insane reverb, echo effect as if it is coming from an actual crowd! Everyone stops playing the game and immediately comes over to check it out.

I fire up a game and pick Mets and someone... can't recall who... at Citi. Reyes comes up.... and on the second pitch... "Jose, Jose Jose Jose! JO-SE, JO-SE!"

Phenomenal boys. Unprecedented audio manipulation and use of stadium sounds in a baseball game.

Had there been a few more situations I would say it was the best audio sound feature I've ever seen in any sports game to day.

You WILL have a blast with this.

theaub 02-06-2009 11:35 AM

Man this feature is getting implemented much better than I thought it would be.

theaub 02-06-2009 11:36 AM

BTW Pared, if I'm chopping sound clips for walk-up music etc, would you say 15 seconds is a good length?

riDIRKulous41 02-06-2009 11:38 AM

Did you have to say Jose 3 times when you recorded it or does it just repeat your audio for X amount of seconds?

Pared 02-06-2009 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theaub (Post 2039157479)
BTW Pared, if I'm chopping sound clips for walk-up music etc, would you say 15 seconds is a good length?

Yup. It would really depend on the guy, though, since some players have longer routines than others.

Quote:

Originally Posted by riDIRKulous41 (Post 2039157482)
Did you have to say Jose 3 times when you recorded it or does it just repeat your audio for X amount of seconds?

I did the entire chant ONCE and it auto-played 3 times during an in-game situation.