Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Pro Basketball (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   2009 NBA Draft (/forums/showthread.php?t=305208)

ex carrabba fan 03-24-2009 12:01 AM

2009 NBA Draft

2009 NBA DRAFT

Thursday June 25th, 2009
Coverage starts at 7PM ET
Live from Madison Square Garden

www.draftexpress.com for the complete two rounds

Let's ramble about it. Compare prospects to pros they resemble, talk about sleepers, busts who should stay in school [Steph Curry, Patty Mills?] etc.

Here's a link to a great thread where you can see which college players are staying in school, leaving for the pros, and who has signed with an agent

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ad-2009-a.html

I only see one All-Star-- Blake Griffin. And that's not a for sure thing in my view.. overall pool seems pretty blah to me. Should be interesting as usual though.

Predicting busts is somewhat unfair since not too many guys have that "star power" but I'll go ahead and pop off anyway, and BTW I'll eat my crow on my Jeff Green pick for a bust a couple years back.

Busts-- if they're top 10, didn't really go out on a limb but:

Brandon Jennings-- Of course nobody has really seen him play in Europe, I've heard he hasn't gotten consistent minutes. I love his game for a streetball tournament but NBA wise I have my doubts.

Gerald Henderson-- Yeaaaah he's super athletic but he seems like a volume guy. I doubt many teams are going to give him the Kobe style green light on the next level.

Should stay in school:

Jrue Holiday. Boy you're not ready, I've never liked your game and you've done nothing to reverse my opinion.

Streets 03-24-2009 12:05 AM

Re: 2009 NBA Draft

With the Rockets 1st round pick, they select....

James "Flight" White!!

We don't have a draft pick this year, so he is going to act as our first rounder, I guess. The Rockets are about to lock up White through 2009-2010.

Rocky 03-24-2009 12:06 AM

I really like Demar DeRosen, but it seems like he really enjoys college. Is he definately leaning towards declaring for the draft?

ThreeKing 03-24-2009 12:13 AM

Gerald Henderson = Dahntay Jones

ex carrabba fan 03-24-2009 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rocky (Post 2039338101)
I really like Demar DeRosen, but it seems like he really enjoys college. Is he definately leaning towards declaring for the draft?

Coming in his people pretty much made it clear it was a one and done thing, at least from what I remember.

He should definitely stay at least one year. He has no college three to speak of [shoots 18%].. so that means he has pretty much no NBA range no NBA jumper.

I look at him as being a Ronnie Brewer

ex carrabba fan 03-24-2009 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThreeKing (Post 2039338126)
Gerald Henderson = Dahntay Jones

Hendo's jumper I like more than Jones' though coming out of college. But a lot of people make that same comparison.

ThreeKing 03-24-2009 12:20 AM

I might be of the few who thinks Brandon Jennings will be a star. He is currently getting tough love overseas and I think it will only help him for the NBA.

Cebby 03-24-2009 12:21 AM

For the Wizards, I'd like:

1. seriously?
2. Jennings
3. Thabeet
4. Evans
5. The Spanish kid everyone's in love with