Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Wrestling (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   New Content Available For WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2009 (/forums/showthread.php?t=305706)

Steve_OS 03-25-2009 07:23 PM

New Content Available For WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2009

NEW CONTENT FOR WWE® SMACKDOWN® VS. RAW® 2009 NOW
AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOAD VIA XBOX LIVE® MARKETPLACE

Leading Fighting Videogame Franchise to Deliver New
Playable Superstars and Ring Gear to Owners of the Xbox 360®
Video Game and Entertainment System from Microsoft

AGOURA HILLS, Calif. - March 25, 2009 - THQ Inc. and JAKKS Pacific, Inc. today announced the availability of new content for WWE® SmackDown® vs. Raw® 2009, the latest release from the leading fighting videogame franchise. Now available for download via Xbox LIVE® Marketplace for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, the content allows players to update their WWE gameplay experience with new playable Superstars and ring gear. WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2009 originally launched on November 9, 2008 and is available at retailers worldwide.

The content package for Xbox LIVE Marketplace for Xbox 360, available for 320 Microsoft Points, includes playable Superstars Evan Bourne™, Ted DiBiase™ and Charlie Haas™, along with new ring gear for Chris Jericho®. In addition, future content is planned for Xbox LIVE Marketplace for the Xbox 360, as well as PlayStation®Network for the PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system.

“The addition of downloadable content to the WWE SmackDown vs. Raw franchise is something our fans have requested for many years,” said Cory Ledesma, senior creative manager, THQ. “With items such as playable Superstars and new ring gear, consumers can broaden their gameplay experience and stay in step with WWE’s weekly television programming.”

maladude 03-25-2009 07:48 PM

wasn't this suppose to come out around xmas?

jconpoet 03-26-2009 07:14 AM

I don't know but it already came out for PS3... Evan Bourne is awesome to play as

xrob 03-26-2009 09:54 AM

Re: New Content Available For WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2009

Yeah its about time...I'm still going to enjoy da update even tho I'm not playing it anymore. Is anyone having trouble having dibiase and cody rhodes come out to the priceless theme and movie? Or it is glitched?

tmac55 03-26-2009 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xrob (Post 2039347118)
Yeah its about time...I'm still going to enjoy da update even tho I'm not playing it anymore. Is anyone having trouble having dibiase and cody rhodes come out to the priceless theme and movie? Or it is glitched?

I was trying to do that myself.. may be an issue there... It might be late but I love the update.. The new jericho is pretty cool as well.

Nice touch to an already solid game.

Altimus 03-26-2009 04:26 PM

Wonder why it took this long for the 360? Was it exclusive or something?

goh 03-26-2009 04:32 PM

Apprently the PS3 version had quite a few problems and glitches they had to work out.

xrob 03-26-2009 08:08 PM

I like the update and hope they add more wrestlers but i would like to have rhodes and dibiase come out to the priceless theme and movie