Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Pro Baseball (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   MLB.TV - Major League Baseball online (/forums/showthread.php?t=307027)

RunN1st 03-31-2009 03:12 PM

MLB.TV - Major League Baseball online

Hi, guys.

Has anyone subscribed to this service?
Would you recommend it?

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/subscriptions...?product=mlbtv

-Run

42 04-01-2009 07:12 PM

Re: MLB.TV - Major League Baseball online

Quote:

Originally Posted by mniner2003 (Post 2039366186)
Hi, guys.

Has anyone subscribed to this service?
Would you recommend it?

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/subscriptions...?product=mlbtv

-Run

I subscribed to it last year and I would recommend it... it's nice for the hardcore baseball fan addict.

RunN1st 04-03-2009 01:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Member_6590 (Post 2039372521)
I subscribed to it last year and I would recommend it... it's nice for the hardcore baseball fan addict.

Thanks! I'm going to try it this year.

Bahnzo 04-03-2009 01:38 AM

I have it as well. I usually only order it monthly tho. I'll get like the first two months, and then the last month if there's some interesting races going on.

The premium package is really nice this year. Really good quality for an internet stream.

elTodd 04-03-2009 02:56 AM

They're supposed to be running a free preview this weekend. I think the Cubs/Yankees games are going to be shown, as well as a few others. I believe you just have to register an account on mlb.com to view them.

bcruise 04-03-2009 04:34 AM

I took the plunge last year on MLBTV premium, and felt it was well worth it. I got it mostly to watch the Cubs games on Comcast Sports Net (which I can't get on regular TV here), but ended up using it for a lot more. I really liked being able to peek in early on no-hitters and stuff like that if I happened to notice the scoreboard.

The player they're going to be using is also much improved this year (flash-based). As with all things new I'm sure it'll have its share of bugs, but I've seen it working in their WBC beta this year and it's really impressive.

Price is down from last year too - always nice. ;)

It really just depends on what you want to use it for - it's great for following all of baseball, but might be a waste if you only watch a local team (local area games are blacked out, which to me means the Cardinals - of course they're on TV every day anyway).

DrUrsus 04-04-2009 03:13 AM

Got MLB TV Premium. The new player works great. No stutters even at max HD, and I don't have the fastest broadband.

I have hooked up my macbook to my HDTV by using a mini DVI to HDMI connection and it looks great in Hi Def. It looks much better than MLB Package I had last year. Plus MLB package (cable package) only had one or two HD broadcasts a day on freakin Time Warner.

Only problem is the DVR controls are sluggish due to buffering on my broadband, maybe due to its speed.

Plus, now I can watch archived games in bed at night before I go to bed. Glad I took the plunge.

In summary, it is definitely worth it. Cheaper and better than MLB package on cable. Plus, I can watch it at the clinic or hospital on any computer when I have free time, or if I am visiting family that have broadband. Pretty cool. Price is fair. I am paying monthly since I didn't know what to expect.
If anyone has any questions about it, I would be glad to answer.

DrUrsus 04-04-2009 03:15 AM

Forgot to mention. Just make sure the team you watch will not be blacked out. If its the local team it probably will be most times. I got it since I want to watch all of the Cubs and Red Sox games, and I don't live in those cities.