Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   NCAA Football 10 Interview (Gamespot) (/forums/showthread.php?t=315354)

Steve_OS 05-01-2009 07:45 PM

NCAA Football 10 Interview (Gamespot)

Gamespot has posted an interview with Ben Haumiller, Designer of NCAA Football 10.

Quote:

Gamespot: "If I recruit a huge Defensive Tackle to clog the middle, will other teams be inclined to run more sweeps and avoid taking that DT on? Will users be able to finally create defensive minded squads to combat the onslaught of offense we've seen for the past few seasons?"

Ben: "With the addition of adaptive AI, you're actually going to see the teams adjust to your personnel and adjust to what you're doing. So, [if] you're going to have a big space either up the middle, that's clogging up the middle, they are going to run some plays that will be more effective for them. And, virtually, if you're on offence and you're running the same route that's killing them every time, they're going to adjust to that and do things to try and shut down that route."

Lava 05-01-2009 07:53 PM

Re: NCAA Football 10 Interview (Gamespot)

Very nice, thanks a lot steve.

Will NCAA 10 have progressive lighting... like there was in NCAA 07? (Submitted by Olsor)

"Progressive lighting is back, yes."

WOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Solidice 05-01-2009 07:55 PM

Steve beat me to it. :wink:

based on one of his answers it seem adaptive AI also helps out CPU offense. which is great.

"Progressive lighting is back, yes.":woot: nice to finally get it confirmed. :google:

rwk2009 05-01-2009 07:58 PM

Great article, I was most intrigued by the possible future inclusion of penalties, and giving players stuff under the table and facing penalties for it.

canes21 05-01-2009 08:01 PM

Has anyone noticed the fields are actually angled like a real field so rain water will flow off the sidelines?

J-Unit40 05-01-2009 08:05 PM

Progressive lighting is back! I like it.

The adaptive CPU AI is definitely needed is another welcome addition. I hope that means the infamous cement-footed QBs won't be running the QB Read and Choice plays and keeping it 12 times a game. LOL

I really like the fact they added a LOT of new tackle animations. I just hope they got rid of the 2 or 3 lame WWE style big hit tackles.

Boucher 05-01-2009 08:07 PM

Bigwill got his wish

GoToledo 05-01-2009 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lava (Post 2039510762)
Very nice, thanks a lot steve.

Will NCAA 10 have progressive lighting... like there was in NCAA 07? (Submitted by Olsor)

"Progressive lighting is back, yes."

WOOOOOOOOOOOO!

+1 :cool: