Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   MMA Forum (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=184)
-   -   World of Mixed Martial Arts 2 Review (/forums/showthread.php?t=316355)

RaychelSnr 05-05-2009 08:50 PM

World of Mixed Martial Arts 2 Review

Allow me to introduce you to World of Mixed Martial Arts 2, a game that will definitely fill up your needed quota of MMA goodness. Developed by Adam Ryland (of EWR and TEW fame) as Greydog Software’s follow-up release to the World of Mixed Martial Arts, WMMA 2 is a mixed martial arts text-management simulation game that sets out to emulate the world of mixed martial arts.

And as a management-simulation game, you are tasked with the job of managing a MMA company. This means that you are given the responsibilities of signing the fighters, creating the events, deciding the fight matchups, making a profit off those matchups and then using that money to grow the company. Ultimately, you are doing this to become the top MMA organization on the planet.

Read More - World of Mixed Martial Arts 2 Review

JohnDoe8865 05-06-2009 02:36 AM

I really want to give this a shot, but with UFC Undisputed dropping soon, I'll have to wait for a price break.

DTX3 05-06-2009 01:44 PM

A price drop won't happen until another version comes out. That's usually how it works with Grey Dog Software. I'll definitely be buying this once a real mod is released. WMMA 1 was so addicting. I tried the demo for 2 and its well more organized than the first. Definitely a must buy for all text simmers and MMA fans.

JohnDoe8865 05-06-2009 03:09 PM

I'd love to try it with a real world data mod. I'll have to look into it a bit closer. I'm a huge text simmer and an MMA fan.

DTX3 05-13-2009 05:57 PM

Re: World of Mixed Martial Arts 2 Review

So I decided to finally buy it yesterday. I am so hooked, I didn't think that I would play it as much as I have with the fictional fighters. Once you get to know who is who, this game is very addicting.

boxboy99 05-13-2009 06:04 PM

Re: World of Mixed Martial Arts 2 Review

I played the demo, it is pretty sweet, I remember long long ago I used to play wrestling games similar to wmma2. I have too many games right now, so not purchasing now but I might at some point.

DiPIE 08-12-2010 10:07 PM

I own the first one and I've played the demo for the sequel and I've got to say the WMMA series is fantastic.