Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   NCAA Football 10 Pre-E3 Hands-On (IGN) (/forums/showthread.php?t=318071)

apacettijr 05-13-2009 05:17 PM

NCAA Football 10 Pre-E3 Hands-On (IGN)

IGN has posted their hands-on preview of NCAA Football 10.

Quote:

"This year NCAA Football seems to be staying away from earth shattering gameplay changes and, instead, is concentrating on brand new features and game modes that you won't find anywhere else."

I Peench 05-13-2009 05:23 PM

Re: IGN Pre-E3 Hands On

Don't put any stock into what IGN has to say, they are complete mo mo's when it comes to anything sports-related. But yeah, I doubt this game will be very good. I played the heck out of 09 because of OD, but the gameplay was complete and utter garbage. If there is an Online Franchise in Madden, I'll pass on this crap. If not, I'll probably pick it up just for OD again.

stewaat 05-13-2009 05:26 PM

So there's a new game mode which will be unveiled on 6/29.

WTF could it possibly be?

Solidice 05-13-2009 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stewaat (Post 2039562727)
So there's a new game mode which will be unveiled on 6/29.

WTF could it possibly be?

Road to Glory(a.k.a. a renamed Campus Legend mode)

I don't put much on what IGN would say about sport games.

the onizzle 05-13-2009 05:34 PM

Nate (the IGN fella) must not have played NCAA 09 very much. He says camera angles are the same as well as game speed remains unchanged. We've already seen a dynamic camera angle on passing plays, as well as confirmation that overall game speed/animations are 10% slower in '10 than '09. This review is rehashed info that took him about 15 mins to type (or copy and paste).

I do like the discussion on setting how aggressive or conservative aspects like blocking or forcing fumbles would be, but that's about the only depth I saw to his writeup.

stylee 05-13-2009 05:35 PM

blah

beeneeb 05-13-2009 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Solidice (Post 2039562745)
Road to Glory(a.k.a. a renamed Campus Legend mode)

Actually, it's mascot mode meets "Hot Coffee". We'll call it Super Mascot Mash.

beeneeb 05-13-2009 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the onizzle (Post 2039562788)
I do like the discussion on setting how aggressive or conservative aspects like blocking or forcing fumbles would be, but that's about the only depth I saw to his writeup.

Here's my favorite part of the article:

Quote:

Had my wide receiver been injured, I would have been given the newly added option of keeping him in the game or sitting him down. There's obviously a high risk of re-injuring a star, but if your backup is sub par it just might be worth it.