Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Other Football Games (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
-   -   E3 Backbreaker Hands-Off Preview (/forums/showthread.php?t=325039)

RaychelSnr 06-11-2009 11:11 AM

E3 Backbreaker Hands-Off Preview

A lot of the discussion about Backbreaker begins and ends with the technology that drives it. I think those discussions are a bit detrimental in the grand scheme of things, yet at the same time, those discussions are an advantage as well. People may get swept up talking about the technology far too much -- ignoring the fact that the game behind the technology still has to be strong -- but at the same time, the Euphoria technology guiding Backbreaker is a definable trait that clearly separates it from any other football title or sports game out there. It's a talking point, and it's a rally point for gamers out there who want to support the title.

Read More - E3 Backbreaker Hands-On Preview

asu666 06-11-2009 11:49 AM

I hope NaturalMotion learns from All Pro's mistake and puts in a detailed, multi-year Franchise mode. I don't care about the NFL license because we have Madden for that fix. I think most of us want a game that plays great; can be customised and shared online; and has a deep Franchise mode.

jballa838 06-11-2009 11:55 AM

Nice article Chase. Good to know we can turn off the glowing football in the final build too.

TreyIM2 06-11-2009 12:22 PM

I don't think this game is shipping this year, at all. I read IGN's post yesterday just shaking my head while doing so. These cats have a looooonnnngggg way to go and I think the big reason why is that they are biting off more than they can chew. Like Chase said, these guys are techies not devs and they had to bring in devs to work on the game. How many devs? Who knows but I think there aren't enough, thus far, to get this game out quickly. Nat. Mot is not a big group to begin with, I don't believe, based on what I've heard so this game most likely will not come out til late 2010....maybe.
Either way, it gets here when it gets here and I will see what's up, then, and all those crying the cry of this dethroning Madden, it's not gunna happen. 2 different type vid games and this game is seemingly more of a niche football game, at best. Blitz is it's comp.

elgreazy1 06-11-2009 12:43 PM

Great preview article, much better than the filth with the IGN preview- review.

I don't think this game is coming out in 2009, though, I'm expecting early 2010, possibly during the NFL playoffs or NFL Draft when football interest is at it's peak. Rumors are 2K wants back in for APF2K11 while BB still hasn't announced a publisher. This may all work itself out.

CreatineKasey 06-11-2009 12:53 PM

I would also be surprised if it was released this year. I hope it isn't. If the game is accurately described, they have a good amount of time before this game can be polished.

ty5oke 06-11-2009 01:02 PM

Great article Chase, thanks for the info.

nxt 06-11-2009 01:13 PM

Re: E3 Backbreaker Hands-Off Preview

Quote:

Originally Posted by asu666 (Post 2039687359)
I hope NaturalMotion learns from All Pro's mistake and puts in a detailed, multi-year Franchise mode. I don't care about the NFL license because we have Madden for that fix. I think most of us want a game that plays great; can be customised and shared online; and has a deep Franchise mode.

I agree and also hope Backbreaker has total customizable uniforms and rosters similar to Team Builder. Oh how I wish APF had TB editing capabilities.