Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   I thought the NFL BANNED the WEDGE BLOCK on Kick Returns? (/forums/showthread.php?t=342104)

Netherscourge 08-04-2009 11:54 AM

I thought the NFL BANNED the WEDGE BLOCK on Kick Returns?

According to the new NFL rules, if more then 2 players are closer then 2 yards to each other during a kick return on the return team, forming a "wedge block", the return team will get a 15-yard penalty.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=090...s&confirm=true

I'm playing both Madden demos and during all the returns, there's a wedge block in front of my guy...usually with 4 players right next to each other... and there's no flags flying after the play.

Has this been addressed by anyone?

ctrob 08-04-2009 12:01 PM

Re: I thought the NFL BANNED the WEDGE BLOCK on Kick Returns?

yeah i noticed that to, I think it's just not "in the game" yet

jeremym480 08-04-2009 12:02 PM

1 Attachment(s)
:)

RGiles36 08-04-2009 12:04 PM

Lol @ that 'nitpicking' image! Classic!

Netherscourge 08-04-2009 12:05 PM

I'm not nit-picking.

I'm asking a question about the NFL rules with respect to Madden.

Was this simply overlooked? Or did they not think it was that big of a deal to implement right now

Just curious.

TruWarriorRon 08-04-2009 12:07 PM

I think it's the same things as the chop block or horse collar. They are never called either. I did see a nice roughing the passer call in the demo.

Spills 08-04-2009 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Netherscourge (Post 2039953219)
I'm not nit-picking.

I'm asking a question about the NFL rules with respect to Madden.

Was this simply overlooked? Or did they not think it was that big of a deal to implement right now

Just curious.

I agree with this guy. It's not nitpicking...if EA wants to claim "if it's in the game, it's in the game", then they need to be accurate with EVERYTHING. Just like the IGN interview I watched with Jessica Hotbot where she called out Phil asking are there cheerleaders? Well no, he said. I don't get why you have to add the same stuff you had in the 05 game. Is it really that hard? At least is trying to add stuff up until the last minute like the broadcast cam. Biggest mistake EA could make at this point would be to fire Ian. Next year's game will be MONEY.

JerseySuave4 08-04-2009 12:22 PM

my guess is they were already into development when this rule was changed (post super bowl) and did not feel it was worth spending the time doing new mo cap or working on the ai so that there was no more wedge and instead used that time to work on something else. I'm sure it will be fixed by next year but its not something thats a big deal.