Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Instant replay problems for the XBox 360 (/forums/showthread.php?t=344147)

emacfenian 08-10-2009 10:25 AM

Instant replay problems for the XBox 360

I've heard that the XBox 360 version has shorter replays prevent you from seeing the whole play if it's a long play. This really pisses me off, I love watching instant replays.

Does anyone know why this is? I heard it's because of memory issues, but I don't understand why out of all things to cut, they'd choose instant replay. Plus there are bigger games than Madden 10 that have managed to fit on a disc (Fallout 3 comes to mind). Does EA have any plans to fix this with a patch? Couldn't they just release a patch that saves the instant replays to our hard drives, for those of us who have them? Anyone have any answers to this? :confused:

emacfenian 08-10-2009 10:59 AM

Re: Instant replay problems for the XBox 360

And another question about it: Is it only the 360 specific, or does it happen on the PS3 too? I heard before it was only for the 360, but after searching this forum, I'm not so sure. It seems like people were complaining about it for both systems.

I know a lot of people think "replays aren't a big deal," but it is honestly a huge deal to me. I've been playing Maddens since the early 90s, always defended it from the 2K fanboys, but replays are one thing I really enjoy. On interceptions, I love going back to see what kind of defense I was playing against to see what I did wrong and how I read the play wrong. I've learned a lot about football from this, and it's a damn shame if they cut replays out.

Spills 08-10-2009 10:59 AM

This goes to Ian - is this true? This is a deciding factor on which version I buy. I'm really leaning towards PS3 at the moment. I like the controller better anyway. All my friends are getting it for 360 though so I really need to know if this is true.

dubz 08-10-2009 11:07 AM

I have the 360 version and it is true. It's also true that you very rarely get an auto replay on a TD.....and I mean very rarely. My GT is dubz on3 for those of you that don't believe I have the game.

emacfenian 08-10-2009 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dubz (Post 2039988237)
I have the 360 version and it is true. It's also true that you very rarely get an auto replay on a TD.....and I mean very rarely. My GT is dubz on3 for those of you that don't believe I have the game.

Do you know if it is 360 specific?

I really hope they release a patch to fix it.

9erHoMo 08-10-2009 11:47 AM

the PS3 version shows the whole replay.

but theres issues there as well.

resolution is lowered for replays and the ball does some funky stuff not seen in actual gameplay.

so pick your poison, both replay modes are borked.

i heard it was because 360 replays run from RAM and the ps3 replay is running off the hard drive.

im gonna send Ian some extra cash next year so he and the team can go to the MLB 09 School of Programming.

ezio 08-10-2009 11:49 AM

To me it's an issue on the ps3 also. I had a play last night that bounced off the recievers hands and then I picked it and returned for a TD. I went into the replay and it picked up with me already intercepting it and starting to return it. I actually wanted to see what happened before the pick and i could not.

dubz 08-10-2009 11:50 AM

This is the one thing that has me really bothered with the game right now. Everything else about the game is great so far, but there has to be an auto replay for every TD, and it has to be the full replay. When I watch a game on Sunday's, you can bet they will show at least one replay of every point scored....even FG's.