Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NHL 2K (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   NHL 2K10 Hands-On Preview (2KHockey) (/forums/showthread.php?t=351588)

savoie2006 08-26-2009 04:21 PM

NHL 2K10 Hands-On Preview (2KHockey)

2KHockey has posted their hands-on preview of NHL 2K10.

Quote:

"On Thursday, the good ol’ folks at 2K Sports were kind enough to let me try out NHL 2K10 before its release next month. I suppressed my excitement and tried to soak in as much of the experience as possible, since I knew I wouldn’t have a chance to play it for another 30 days or so.

After putting some thought into it, I really feel the best way for me to translate my hands-on experience into useful information for you guys is to not only elaborate on aspects of the game I feel help replicate a realistic simulation, but to also note the most noticeable improvements over last year’s version."

CarryTheWeight 08-26-2009 04:52 PM

Re: Hands On Preview From 2KHockey.Net

The Whale Is Back!

Other than that sudden outburst of enthusiasm, I think this was a good preview. Not amazing, but good. At this point I think a demo would be the best thing that can happen to my outlook on 2K10, though...

EDIT: Good to hear that the right-stick "NHL 10" controls are more responsive...but then again, a spin with a demo will tell me for sure. And is it just me, or does Ovechkin's face model look better in that screen than it did in the first trailer?

Scottdau 08-26-2009 04:55 PM

Wow, I didn't think I could get more pum for this game, but after reading this, it happen! 3 more weeks.

baa7 08-26-2009 04:59 PM

Those arenas are ridiculous.

Scottdau 08-26-2009 05:01 PM

The different lighting is going to be SICK! My SONY is going to be loving this game.

baa7 08-26-2009 05:02 PM

The player models look very good actually. And the lighting is off-the-charts -- maybe the best ever in a video game. Impressive to say the least.

Scottdau 08-26-2009 05:04 PM

Yeah I agree. The Sharks Tank looks so real. With those bight white lights. Can't wait to play this game.

Scottdau 08-26-2009 05:06 PM

It would suck, if the intro were only for the playoffs. But after thinking about it, it is OK. You still have the same lighting and that will make each arena look different!