Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NBA 2K Last Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   NBA 2K10 Interview (Game Informer) (/forums/showthread.php?t=356801)

Jamin23 09-11-2009 10:23 PM

NBA 2K10 Interview (Game Informer)

Game Informer has posted an interview with lead feature designer Erick Boenisch and lead gameplay producer Rob Jones, as they talk about NBA 2K10.

Quote:

GI: "The graphics have always been a standout feature of the 2K series. How are they changing this year?"

EB: "On the technical side we have a new player model this year. The biggest thing that you’ll notice—look at the player lighting on the guys. Go into an arena like Boston or Orlando and look at the lighting in the environment and how that lighting is affecting the players. You can see the specular maps on their faces and normal maps. They really stand out and look a lot more humanlike, where last year they were kind of dull, they didn’t have any shine on the skin. It’s not one of those things where you turn the game on and you’re immediately blown away, because I thought our graphics were really good last year, but we were just missing the human touch element to making the graphics look a little more realistic. We have a deal with Image Metrics this year—those are the guys who did the heads for Grand Theft Auto IV, our company has a relationship with them—so we brought them on board to do our facial expressions and kind of bring the players to life."

Bornindamecca 09-11-2009 10:32 PM

Re: Game Informer NBA 2k10 preview

Quote:

You’ll see Kobe’s scowl, where he jets his lower chin out
I know some people are going to hate playing the Lakers even more because of that, lol.

Goffs 09-11-2009 10:37 PM

good read! :)

Quote:

Boenisch: Obviously with the draft sequence, when you continue with the combine, you will see that we’re in Madison Square Garden, we’re in the authentic draft environment, so you’re getting drafted there.
hmm does that mean we actually have MSG for the Knicks?!?!

Parasight 09-11-2009 10:38 PM

Haha, they have the Kobe "he looks mean" stare from the Finals.

tha1nonly 09-11-2009 10:39 PM

See now that scowl is going to be overdone because he did it a grand total of twice in his entire career and we'll see it damn near every game.

thereginator28 09-11-2009 10:57 PM

Quote:

You’ll see a lot of players doing their signature things like when LeBron does a big dunk and he’s running back down the court you’ll see his cheeks kind of puff out.
Lol every time I see this mentioned I think of this:

<object height="340" width="560">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/V_N2f-8Hgvc&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="340" width="560"></object>

All in all, good read and I'm looking forward to part 2 on Monday.

Rockafella2x 09-11-2009 11:47 PM

I wonder if there will be commentary during MyPlayer games

deetoman 09-12-2009 12:27 AM

Quote:

If you make the team, only then do you advance to the NBA, where you’re likely going to start off at the end of the bench because you’re a low-rated rookie. If you don’t perform well, we also do the NBA Development League this year, which you’ll get sent down to. You’ll get called back and forth, or teams will cut you, waive you, or trade you
I'm hoping that's true!