Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Can't call timeout, time runs out and I lose. (/forums/showthread.php?t=359045)

meep316 09-18-2009 02:03 PM

Can't call timeout, time runs out and I lose.

Down by 1, 7 seconds left on my opponent's 15 yard line.

He uses his last timeout, so all I've got to do is kneel it, call timeout (I have all 3) with like 3 seconds left, kick the chip shot and I win.

I kneel, it gets to 5 seconds and I hit timeout. Nothing. I hit it again, nothing. At this point I'm panicking, slamming the back button. I try pausing, nothing. Time runs out and I lose.

WHAT THE **** IS THAT?

mr_president 09-18-2009 02:08 PM

Re: Can't call timeout, time runs out and I lose.

i have had this happen before in madden 10 as well as in past maddens. when it happened to me this year in madden 10 sadly i knew what to do:(. you have to pause the game and call a TO from the menu screen. every time this happens i use this method and it works for me...hope this helps.

alcoholicstepfather 09-18-2009 02:15 PM

This happened to me last night on NCAA 10. Fortunately it didn't cost me because I already had the game won and was just running u the score against my rival.

no juice 09-18-2009 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr_president (Post 2040197487)
i have had this happen before in madden 10 as well as in past maddens. when it happened to me this year in madden 10 sadly i knew what to do:(. you have to pause the game and call a TO from the menu screen. every time this happens i use this method and it works for me...hope this helps.

that's what i thought but when i tried to pause the game, nothing would happened i wanted to break something but it happened before that...it just didn't cost me a game.

mvb34 09-18-2009 02:24 PM

You should have kicked with 7 seconds left ..

JerzeyReign 09-18-2009 02:27 PM

Before blaming the game, was it your controller? This has happened to me but then I remembered I forgot to change the batteries

meep316 09-18-2009 02:55 PM

I tried hitting pause, like I said in my OP. Nothing happened.

It wasn't my controller either, I played 3 games after that and my controller still had 3/4 of those bars full.

I didn't kick with 7 seconds left because I had all 3 timeouts left, so why the hell would I kick with 7 seconds left and risk him getting a miracle return, when I could run the clock down to 3 or 4, call timeout, and end the game for sure?

reyes the roof 09-18-2009 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meep316 (Post 2040197709)
I tried hitting pause, like I said in my OP. Nothing happened.

It wasn't my controller either, I played 3 games after that and my controller still had 3/4 of those bars full.

I didn't kick with 7 seconds left because I had all 3 timeouts left, so why the hell would I kick with 7 seconds left and risk him getting a miracle return, when I could run the clock down to 3 or 4, call timeout, and end the game for sure?

Normally I would agree with this, but with all the holding calls on FGs you are better off kicking with a few second left on the clock that way if there is a holding call the game doesn't end and you will get a chance to rekick