Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NBA Live (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Dynamic DNA Code can only be used once!! (/forums/showthread.php?t=366264)

dynamiks 10-07-2009 04:57 PM

Dynamic DNA Code can only be used once!!

So I purchased NBA Live 10, and right after I went over to my friends house to play. So upon booting up the game, the prompt to enter in Dynamic DNA code came up.. I was like what the hell is this? I need a serial number to play the game?

So I opened the case, and found a paper with the code. I entered it on my friends 360 so we can play already. Now later when I get home I put in the game to play on my 360, and it asks for the code and says I cannot enter it because it's being used already!!

I called EA Sports a few minutes ago, and they told me there is no way to transfer the code from my friends Xbox Live account to mine, and the only way to get Dynamic DNA updates now is to purchase a new code from Xbox Live for $10.

This is complete bull****, and got me furious. I refuse to pay $10 for a part of the game that should be included free. 2k Sports has updates just like Live 10, and there is no codes or anything to enter, its free like it should be. I am about to go return NBA Live, cause that **** they just pulled off got me pissed.

Pappy Knuckles 10-07-2009 05:00 PM

Re: Dynamic DNA Code can only be used once!!

They gave it to you free but you used it on another console. Not sure why you're mad at EA.

J-Unit40 10-07-2009 05:03 PM

Oh, this is funny....and sad at the same time. Sorry man.

Bornindamecca 10-07-2009 05:04 PM

Just to double check...The code ties to your Live Profile and not the specific console, right? I play on more than one Xbox, and I'd hate to only be able to have DNA on one of them.

dynamiks 10-07-2009 05:06 PM

your not sure why I am mad?? Because why can't the code be switched to my account?? or why can't they give me a new code out of courtesy?? I just spent $65 on their game, and made a mistake, now I'm supposed to pay another $10 just to get updates??

DTX3 10-07-2009 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dynamiks (Post 2040290894)
your not sure why I am mad?? Because why can't the code be switched to my account?? or why can't they give me a new code out of courtesy?? I just spent $65 on their game, and made a mistake, now I'm supposed to pay another $10 just to get updates??

Pretty much.

stizz 10-07-2009 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bornindamecca (Post 2040290886)
Just to double check...The code ties to your Live Profile and not the specific console, right? I play on more than one Xbox, and I'd hate to only be able to have DNA on one of them.

I'm pretty sure Marcus said it's linked to your gamertag.

Dynamiks, you could try persuading your mate to buy Live then ask him for his code.

DTX3 10-07-2009 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stizz (Post 2040290938)
I'm pretty sure Marcus said it's linked to your gamertag.

Dynamiks, you could try persuading your mate to buy Live then ask him for his code.

Then Dynamiks probably used his friends gamertag. Like someone in this thread said, funny, but sad at the same time.