Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Racing (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Forza Motorsport 3 Review (/forums/showthread.php?t=367141)

RaychelSnr 10-09-2009 06:03 PM

Forza Motorsport 3 Review

When it comes to the car-collecting and car-upgrading games, you really only have two main players: Forza and Gran Turismo. So as a long-time racing fan, it was with great excitement that I cracked open the case of Forza Motorsport 3. The question is are you ready for Forza 3?

I’m not exaggerating when I say that Forza could be the biggest, most ambitious car-collecting game ever created -- I use my words carefully here. And Forza 3 is, without a doubt, first and foremost a garage-expanding, car-collecting beast of a game. The racing comes secondary, but if you’re looking forward to your next Forza fix, you already know this.

I have logged 123 races in my time allotted for review; I have 30 cars in the garage after various career rewards and purchases; I have driven over 600 miles in classes F all the way through R -- and I am only 6.2 percent of the way through the career mode at level 24.

It’s that big.

Read More - Forza Motorsport 3 Review

Kruza 10-09-2009 06:31 PM

Re: Forza Motorsport 3

"While it sounds like a bad thing, it’s actually a step forward for the series. This leads to some extremely realistic races. While racing in an R3 class Porsche 911 GT3-RSR, I managed to go through a hairpin, a chicane and three sweeper corners side by side with an AI car, and we never touched doors. If you’ve played any racing game before, you know how impressive that is (the AI behavior, not my driving). The AI slowed appropriately for an upcoming corner to maintain its line, and accelerated enough to hold its ground. It was a moment of sheer brilliance, and it had me grinning from ear to ear."

Wow. Now that is tremendous progress in AI behavior from CPU cars for the Forza series.

Thanks for the extremely in-depth review of Forza 3, TCrouch. Well done.

Kruza

RiddelMeThis22 10-09-2009 06:34 PM

this game looks good i might pic it up.

Flawless 10-09-2009 06:40 PM

Re: Forza Motorsport 3

Very well written review TCrouch. I don't think I can be anymore excited. Sucks we still have over 2 weeks before the release though.

W Patrick 10-09-2009 07:42 PM

As always Terry great review.

On another note, I am killing myself trying to beat your times in Trials HD.

Vast 10-09-2009 08:24 PM

Great in depth review. I will be getting this for sure. Too bad i probably suck. lol

lnin0 10-09-2009 09:12 PM

Most of the reviews I read up to this point could have been summed up as "I heart Forza 3". Nothing but pointless fawning over the game and little more than rehashing of press release info. This review was well thought out and informative. While it is obvious you loved the game it is also clear why. Thank you.

garnettrules21 10-09-2009 09:38 PM

Re: Forza Motorsport 3 Review

Great review TCrouch, 1 request on my part, could you take a pic as far and high away from the car as possible. I want to get an idea of how flexible photomode is. Thanks again.