Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   College Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Do/Did you attend the school you root for? (/forums/showthread.php?t=372282)

Husker_OS 10-28-2009 03:29 AM

Re: Do/Did you attend the school you root for?

Indeed, started at Alabama in Fall of '05 and graduate 45 days from now :)

trobinson97 10-28-2009 03:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigDofBA (Post 2040382625)
Honestly I don't really care what teams people root for. It is a free country last time I checked. That being said, I do find it humorous when I see USC hats or New England Patriot hats here in Oklahoma. It's obvious people are only rooting for them because they are good. That's kind of weak if you ask me but to each their own.

Well yeah, of course, no one likes a front runner.;)

LiquidCrash 10-28-2009 04:32 AM

I grew up in North Carolina, so the Heels became my favorite team then and are my favorite team now. I cheer for Colorado since I went there, but its not the same as the team I've cheered for my entire life.

There's plenty of reasons to cheer for a different school than the one you attended.

Buckeyes_Doc 10-28-2009 05:09 AM

Kind of I did attend Cincinnati and will attend it again once I move back to Ohio but I only use to root for them in basketball. I was a Ohio State football guy and Cincinnati basketball guy. Because growing up OSU football was on tv and then Cincinnati basketball was on tv. It wasnt til about 2007 when I started rooting for Cincinnati football also, thats the year I went there.

Still OSU is my number 1 team in football, but I'm also growing as a fan for Cincinnati other then just basketball.

superjames1992 10-28-2009 07:39 AM

I lived in West Virginia until I was 14, but now that I have moved, I won't be going to WVU. The out-of-state tuition is too high and WVU doesn't offer the major I want to major in, unfortunately.

countryboy 10-28-2009 08:05 AM

Graduated from the University of Louisville. Was a fan growing up as my Dad is a UofL fan as well.

fishepa 10-28-2009 08:20 AM

Graduated from Auburn.

90Bamagrad 10-28-2009 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Husker_OS (Post 2040382629)
Indeed, started at Alabama in Fall of '05 and graduate 45 days from now :)

Congrads Husker_OS. I graduated in 1990 from the University. Man that seems like a long time ago.