Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NBA 2K Last Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   I wish you could edit your players height in My Player (/forums/showthread.php?t=373078)

TheFuture94 10-31-2009 03:33 PM

I wish you could edit your players height in My Player

If I would've known that my 6'1" PG was going to be played at SG against other star SG's for the majority of the time and even at SF I would not have made him 6'1". In my first game I was matched up against Kevin Durant and I had to guard him in the post, which makes no sense if I'm only 6"1". I think 2K should let us adjust our height and least once every career. I could understand only making it a 2 inch difference if they wanted to make sure people online aren't cheesing. But something should be done.

portlandblazer 10-31-2009 03:40 PM

Re: I wish you could edit your players height in My Player

shouldnt my coach be getting all the negative grades instead of me when im being abused in the post by someone 8 inches taller than me?

TheFuture94 10-31-2009 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by portlandblazer (Post 2040394881)
shouldnt my coach be getting all the negative grades instead of me when im being abused in the post by someone 8 inches taller than me?

lol, exactly. They should either let me change my height at least once or make the coaches smarter.

Football4Natic 10-31-2009 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheFuture94 (Post 2040394864)
If I would've known that my 6'1" PG was going to be played at SG against other star SG's for the majority of the time and even at SF I would not have made him 6'1". In my first game I was matched up againt Kevin Durant, which makes no sesnse if I'm only 6"1". I think 2K should let us adjust our height and least once every career. I could understand only making it a 2 inch difference if they wanted to make sure people online aren't cheesing. But something should be done.

that mode would be a joke if they allowed you to change your height after you started

I mean the point of the mode is to create a guy and try to make it to the nba

i wonder if players in the nba today which they could change something about themselves to make life easier for them

i had a 6"1 point guard and very few times i was put a sg but not for long periods and it was back to point guard

that is life in the nba today for young players

DJ Augustine from the bobcats is like 5"10....I wonder if he woke up today and said i want to change my height for tonights game

TheFuture94 10-31-2009 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Football4Natic (Post 2040394911)
that mode would be a joke if they allowed you to change your height after you started

i wonder if players in the nba today which they could change something about themselves to make life easier for them

i had a 6"1 point guard and very few times i was put a sg but not for long periods and it was back to point guard

DJ Augustine from the bobcats is like 5"10....I wonder if he woke up today and said i want to change my height for tonights game

But DJ isn't being asked to guard Kevin Durant...In the post.

portlandblazer 11-01-2009 01:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Football4Natic (Post 2040394911)

i agree that you shouldnt be able to change your height. i just wish the coaches were better with their substitution patterns.

im a 6' 0" pg for the magic and start at the point but then they sub in jameer after about 1 minute and i go to the sg spot where i will spend most of the time. why did they sign me with jameer, anthony johnson, jason williams and luke ridnour? then van gundy puts in a 3 gaurd lineup with 2 min left in a tight game and im supposed to be the sf and gaurd paul pierce, yeah right. so not only do we end up losing but i get negative grades for not being able to guard a sf.

qpc123 11-01-2009 01:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by portlandblazer (Post 2040397106)
i agree that you shouldnt be able to change your height. i just wish the coaches were better with their substitution patterns.

im a 6' 0" pg for the magic and start at the point but then they sub in jameer after about 1 minute and i go to the sg spot where i will spend most of the time. why did they sign me with jameer, anthony johnson, jason williams and luke ridnour? then van gundy puts in a 3 gaurd lineup with 2 min left in a tight game and im supposed to be the sf and gaurd paul pierce, yeah right. so not only do we end up losing but i get negative grades for not being able to guard a sf.

Is that really an unusual substitution pattern for Stan Van though? j/k glad my guy hasn't made it the league yet. I hate to watch virtual me getting abused.

Hotobu 11-01-2009 03:08 AM

Being able to change your height is a silly suggestion. If your problem is with the way that the coaches use you on the court then you should be asking for better coaching logic. The main reason why you're probably seeing this is because it's early in your career. If you put up good numbers then you'll see the GM and coach start to mold the team around you. As you progress you'll be played out of position here and there, but it will be better down the road.