Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   MLB The Show Last Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=57)
-   -   Realism of MLB '10: The Show Blog (/forums/showthread.php?t=397335)

NEOPARADIGM 02-23-2010 02:18 PM

Realism of MLB '10: The Show Blog

Playstation.Blog has posted another MLB '10: The Show blog. This one covering the realism of the game, with the included video clip.

<object classid="clsid:D<param name="movie" value="http://www.viddler.com/simple_on_site/b4c0806c" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="flashvars" value="fake=1"/><embed src="http://www.viddler.com/simple_on_site/b4c0806c" width="437" height="265" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowScriptAccess="always" allowFullScreen="true" flashvars="fake=1" name="viddler" ></embed></object>

Quote:

"Last year we added quite a bit to the stadium experience, but this year we wanted to make MLB 10 stand out even more. We set out researching how the stadiums looked, finding the little nuances of each stadium. If you’re going to include fireworks, they have to look and sound real. Each fireworks explosion is designed to recreate the actual fireworks display that is seen when the home team hits a homerun or wins the game.

Another area of detail with the stadiums was adding in the famous Home Run Splash Counter in San Francisco. This also includes a special Splash Camera which follows the ball as it splashes into McCovey Cove. Also added to our stadiums are working clocks which show the actual time from game start until finish. There are digital and analog clocks throughout the stadiums, so check out the time as you play the game."

TBRMKane 02-23-2010 02:26 PM

Re: New Vid: Realism of MLB 10

PANDA!!!

metsman8669 02-23-2010 02:27 PM

Looks amazing!!!! I love how the crowd reaches over the railings and the way the ball is now followed...though I was hoping to see an actual "splash" in the SF home run.

The ball just seemed to stop at the water.

42 02-23-2010 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by metsman8669 (Post 2040774068)
though I was hoping to see an actual "splash" in the SF home run.

Trust me, the "splash effect" is there.

Could've been the video quality - I saw it a bunch of times via replay at CD. :)

backbreaker 02-23-2010 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by metsman8669 (Post 2040774068)
Looks amazing!!!! I love how the crowd reaches over the railings and the way the ball is now followed...though I was hoping to see an actual "splash" in the SF home run.

Splash would have been cool, but the puddle will suffice. I wonder if a fan ever gets the ball and shows it off with his hand raised and taking a bow.

PsychoBulk 02-23-2010 02:31 PM

Superb, the splash cam in San Fran is a great little addition.

metsman8669 02-23-2010 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brett_OS (Post 2040774081)
Trust me, the "splash effect" is there.

Could've been the video quality - I saw it a bunch of times via replay at CD. :)

Awesome!!!!!!

Braves Fan 02-23-2010 02:34 PM

Every video I see wets the appetite even more.

7 more days! I don't know if I'm going to make it, lol. I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas day to get here.