Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   MMA Forum (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=184)
-   -   EA Sports MMA Early Look (1up) (/forums/showthread.php?t=401787)

Steve_OS 03-10-2010 05:29 AM

EA Sports MMA Early Look (1up)

1up has posted their early look at EA Sports MMA.

Quote:

"The game's strike control system, mapped to the right stick, is based on Fight Night's "Total Punch" control scheme. Defense also plays a part in the game as you dodge, parry, and duck while moving around the ring. You need to be wary of your fighter's stamina; as it can be lessened by taking punches to the body, grappling, and also by missing punches you throw.

EA Tiburon promises that the game's "Flash Knockout" feature is no roll of the dice, meaning a lucky punch won't knock you out. It does mean, however, that if you take too much of a risk and stick your chin out too far, one deliberately-placed punch will drop you to the canvas."

JoeMimic 03-10-2010 06:00 AM

Re: EA Sports MMA Early Look (1up)

Good picture of Cung Le and Nick Diaz in game in the article. Can't wait for gameplay videos!

phillyfan23 03-10-2010 06:04 AM

the article says the game won't have any lucky punches resulting in KOs????

lucky punches for KOs is a pretty big part of this sport. Hope the flash Kos in the EARLY rounds are well represented. I do not want to be playing mma like it's street fighter. deplete the bar and then KO.

Pappy Knuckles 03-10-2010 09:37 AM

Only 28 fighters for an MMA game is pretty rough. Thought they'd go out and sign more guys than that.

aholbert32 03-10-2010 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pappy Knuckles (Post 2040837485)
Only 28 fighters for an MMA game is pretty rough. Thought they'd go out and sign more guys than that.

Who else is there left to sign? They have the major Dream and Strikeforce fighters (even some lesser known ones like Prangley). Other than Bellator, there really isnt anyone left.

JerseySuave4 03-10-2010 11:11 AM

is it me or does Diaz & Lee look somewhat strange in that picture? I dont know what it is about it but it doesnt look that good. I mean you can tell who they are, it isnt like they dont look like the guys but something about the entire player model that looks a little off, might just be the coloring.

Pappy Knuckles 03-10-2010 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aholbert32 (Post 2040837578)
Who else is there left to sign? They have the major Dream and Strikeforce fighters (even some lesser known ones like Prangley). Other than Bellator, there really isnt anyone left.

When you put it like that, you're probably right. The number of fighters on UFC's roster makes it tough for any other game to compete with. Still looking foward to the trying out EA MMA, just figured there would be more fighters to choose from.

Stumbleweed 03-10-2010 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JerseySuave4 (Post 2040837831)
is it me or does Diaz & Lee look somewhat strange in that picture? I dont know what it is about it but it doesnt look that good. I mean you can tell who they are, it isnt like they dont look like the guys but something about the entire player model that looks a little off, might just be the coloring.

Yeah, they look like creepy flesh-colored modeling clay.