Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Madden NFL 10: Special Teams Tips (/forums/showthread.php?t=407003)

RaychelSnr 03-30-2010 10:03 AM

Madden NFL 10: Special Teams Tips

There is an old saying that states that the game of football is "one-third offense, one-third defense and one-third special teams."

Yet, for as often as games of Madden are decided by a muffed punt here, a kick return there or a game-winning field goal in the closing seconds of regulation, it can sometimes feel like great plays on special teams are the deciding factor in a game between two closely rated teams.

With no tutorials to go through or depth charts to look over, Madden 10 makes it tough to sort out just who exactly is playing on your special teams, much less what it takes to make those players into great ones on your special teams unit.

In addition to providing complete depth charts for kickoffs and punt returns, this guide should help Madden coaches decide how to build a special teams unit that can make the big plays that often decide who wins or loses a close game of Madden.

Read More - Madden NFL 10: Special Teams Tips

jvaccaro 03-30-2010 10:46 AM

Re: Madden NFL 10: Special Teams Tips

thank you for doing the leg work that EA didn't and giving us a nice breakdown of special teams personnel and strategy.

nice post and good job...

FroznYogurt 03-30-2010 11:26 AM

I seconds that, great post!!!

ChicagoChris 03-30-2010 03:16 PM

That's great but I again hope for blocked punts and field goals. There are so much a part of the game and remain largely ignored in Madden.

jyoung 03-30-2010 03:42 PM

Yeah about the only time you'll ever see kicks blocked in Madden is when someone uses a nano glitch to come free up the A-gap. Under normal circumstances, it seems like it has less than a 0.01% chance of happening.

Special teams could use some serious work in Madden 11.

Snaps shouldn't be perfect every time, and a bad snap should affect the quality of the kick.

Low kicks should be risky and more prone to tips/blocks.

Gunners shouldn't be the only players getting down the field to cover punts.

etc.

ak47jared 03-30-2010 04:14 PM

great post all true; hopefully more freedow is giving in maaden 11

seriousluboy83 03-30-2010 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wEEman33 (Post 2040908757)
Yeah about the only time you'll ever see kicks blocked in Madden is when someone uses a nano glitch to come free up the A-gap. Under normal circumstances, it seems like it has less than a 0.01% chance of happening.

Special teams could use some serious work in Madden 11.

Snaps shouldn't be perfect every time, and a bad snap should affect the quality of the kick.

Low kicks should be risky and more prone to tips/blocks.

Gunners shouldn't be the only players getting down the field to cover punts.

etc.

hit it right on the head...

why are there bad snaps out of shotgun but never a bad snap in punt returning or field goal kicking???

why can i never get a defender actually sprinting trying to block a punt return when i call punt block unless i'm controlling him???

why are gunners only blocked by one guy instead of two...there are two blockers out there???

only time gunners should get down field so easy is when one blocker is out there...

how come i can put a 59 center as my LS and never see a bad snap???

why are there bad snaps out of shotgun but never a bad snap in punt returning or field goal kicking...did i already ask this question???

sportyguyfl31 03-30-2010 04:29 PM

good write up