Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   NCAA Football 11 Blog: Locomotion, 7 Screenshots and Video (EA Sports) (/forums/showthread.php?t=408135)

Steve_OS 04-05-2010 05:56 PM

NCAA Football 11 Blog: Locomotion, 7 Screenshots and Video (EA Sports)

EA Sports has just posted another NCAA Football 11 blog. This one covers locomotion, which includes some new screenshots and video.

<script src="http://player.ooyala.com/player.js?height=309&embedCode=JudThiMToZtgKBnQQBv ayelXL2zQZ5zm&width=550&deepLinkEmbedCode=JudThiMT oZtgKBnQQBvayelXL2zQZ5zm"></script>

Quote:

"One of the first areas we concentrated on for NCAA Football 11 was to create more realistic player acceleration. In previous versions, there wasn't a noticeable difference between players with a high acceleration rating versus players with a lower one, as speed was the only thing that seemed to matter. For the first time in NCAA Football 11, acceleration will be a huge factor into how quickly a player can reach their top speed. This new acceleration will also help differentiate the styles of players across the various positions on the field. For example, a "Possession" type receiver may have a high acceleration rating but not have that breakaway speed that a "Speed" receiver possesses in the open field. However, this possession receiver will have the ability to get in and out of his cuts, and back to full speed on his routes quicker. Another area where acceleration is a big factor is differentiating speed type rushers versus the more conventional run-stopping defensive lineman. Defensive ends that have a high acceleration rating will be able to get off the ball and to the quarterback quicker, due to their top end speed. The bigger interior type defensive lineman will have a harder time trying to speed rush, as it will take them longer to accelerate to top speed."

Lava 04-05-2010 06:01 PM

Re: NCAA Football 11 Blog: Locomotion, 7 Screenshots and Video (EA Sports)

Great stuff, I loved the vid.

<script src="http://player.ooyala.com/player.js?height=309&embedCode=JudThiMToZtgKBnQQBv ayelXL2zQZ5zm&width=550&deepLinkEmbedCode=JudThiMT oZtgKBnQQBvayelXL2zQZ5zm"></script>

countryboy 04-05-2010 06:08 PM

looking good.

therizing02 04-05-2010 06:08 PM

Thanks Steve. Now THIS is change. Looking good!!

prowler 04-05-2010 06:08 PM

This... is... nice.

At this point the only person allowed to be skeptical about NCAA11 is B4C since we haven't seen the Iowa facemasks.

BooShay 04-05-2010 06:09 PM

i came in that video

Hova57 04-05-2010 06:11 PM

i think one hidden jem in the espn article is the hand on the back of the lineman to kinda steer them

Solidice 04-05-2010 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hova57 (Post 2040926184)
i think one hidden jem in the espn article is the hand on the back of the lineman to kinda steer them

yes, it'll be nice to see that again. it was in NCAA '08(360), however, I do not think you could actually "steer" them then.

that video looked nice though. now I'm waiting on some dynasty updates. :y220a: