Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   MMA Forum (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=184)
-   -   EA Sports MMA Footage in King Mo: Journey to the Crown Video (/forums/showthread.php?t=409728)

Steve_OS 04-13-2010 11:44 AM

EA Sports MMA Footage in King Mo: Journey to the Crown Video

Allelbows has posted a video of King Mo's journey to the crown, as he gets ready to fight the Strikeforce light heavyweight champion, Gegard Mousasi, this Saturday.

In the video, they feature some clips of EA SPORTS MMA.

Quote:

"We present to you another All Elbows video, sandwiched between our travels to a land full of dudes also named Muhammed and back to Nashville for the Strikeforce on CBS megacard. King Mo is contending for the Strikeforce light heavyweight title against champion Gegard Mousasi this Saturday on CBS."

Phillmattic 04-13-2010 12:33 PM

Re: EA Sports MMA Footage in King Mo: Journey to the Crown Video

I'm excited for this fight, and this game.

allBthere 04-13-2010 01:11 PM

takedowns look good. striking for the most part looks bad, footwork looks floaty and they seem to have invisible barrier like fn3. The reason I say the striking looks bad for the most part is that they just look weak, like they wouldn't hurt. They lack 'pop' so to speak.

I'll be checking it out regardless, just some things I noticed. I didn't expect it to be near THQ's level and it doesn't look to be at least in the stand up game.

They still have boat loads of time to improve it though too.

kennyacid 04-13-2010 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by allBthere (Post 2040952981)
takedowns look good. striking for the most part looks bad, footwork looks floaty and they seem to have invisible barrier like fn3. The reason I say the striking looks bad for the most part is that they just look weak, like they wouldn't hurt. They lack 'pop' so to speak.

I'll be checking it out regardless, just some things I noticed. I didn't expect it to be near THQ's level and it doesn't look to be at least in the stand up game.

They still have boat loads of time to improve it though too.

Yeah striking looks weak, look like theres no force behind the punches..ummm i have to see more vids

TreyIM2 04-13-2010 02:37 PM

Not sure if I'm digging the look of this game. Unfortunately, it is plagued by the EA Sports games stiffness factor. Punching animations look non-organic. Aren't they using the Fight Night 4 engine for this? I would think they would have improved on that, although I love FN4, even with it's slight robotic nature, at times. I just wanted an improvement for this MMA game.

sportznut02 04-14-2010 09:03 AM

As you guys have already mentioned the movement of the fighters does not look good at all and the punches look like they lack power. Maybe this will be fixed but who knows. I think it was a good idea of them to push back the release. Still can`t wait to check this game out though.

gamer23 04-14-2010 04:08 PM

omg i cant believe we have fans for this game.UFC is lightyears ahead of this.

you should know that they are just doing this because of UFC's success (greed).look at madden,just a big annual salary for a lacking game.

nyj721 04-14-2010 04:16 PM

That striking looks awful, what happened to mousasis arm at 5:02. It almost reminds me of Don Kings:Prizefighter with the robotic-ness(I just made that word up).