Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   NCAA Football 11 Hands-On Preview (/forums/showthread.php?t=411331)

Steve_OS 04-23-2010 10:15 AM

NCAA Football 11 Hands-On Preview

We have just posted our hands-on NCAA Football 11 preview. Find out what Christian McLeod has to say about the game, a few months before release.

Quote:

"The NCAA series used to be my favorite sports franchise. I use the past tense because ever since the series came to current-gen consoles the gameplay quality and presentation values have taken steps backwards, culminating in the extremely disappointing NCAA Football 10.

So my mission was clear at this preview event in New York: track down those responsible for the development of the series, ask them the tough questions that the OS faithful expect and see just what was so special about this year's version of the game, especially after years of disappointment.

But before I go any further, I wanted to bring up one thing. In today’s world of yearly sports releases of varying quality, it is quite easy to scapegoat a developer or producer, placing the blame on those particular individuals for the quality of their aforementioned game. Our forum users here at OS have a somewhat notorious reputation for holding development teams to somewhat impossible standards at times -- just look at the 180-degree turn in excitement for NCAA 11 after the initial "gameplay" video was posted on site."

GaryT531 04-23-2010 10:23 AM

Sounds promising, but no bowl patches will really set some people off.

huntt26 04-23-2010 10:28 AM

Re: NCAA Football 11 Hands-On Preview

Good to know that teams will enter the field now, and that some will be authentic. Hopefully the teams that are not authentic will have some type of generic tunnel run out.

I buy NCAA every year, but looks like this year I'll have quite a bit to be excited about!

Jessep07 04-23-2010 10:28 AM

I completely regret reading this...purely because of the fact that it's not even may yet.

ch46647 04-23-2010 10:31 AM

This guy has me really excited with this preview! However, he talks about all new OL/DL AI and how it is had been completely re-written from last year. I would have to assume that Madden has this as well, and since the only real gameplay clip we have is from last nights Madden trailer, I did not see any big improvements to the OL/DL in those couple clips. (I was pretty upset about that)

Could him seeing this HUGE amount of progress in this area be because NCAA is more polished then Madden at this point?

rudyjuly2 04-23-2010 10:33 AM

Absolutely fantastic. Can't wait for NCAA 11!

coogrfan 04-23-2010 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jessep07 (Post 2040987710)
I completely regret reading this...purely because of the fact that it's not even may yet.

I feel your pain. :grin:

The GIGGAS 04-23-2010 10:39 AM

I like the blocking, but I'm going to withhold judgement until I get the game in my hands. I'm still not sure whether to rent or buy, but if the video that was shown earlier was a pre-alpha, it makes me more excited for this game.