Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   MMA Forum (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=184)
-   -   EA Sports MMA Hands-On Impressions (/forums/showthread.php?t=415602)

Steve_OS 05-21-2010 05:20 AM

EA Sports MMA Hands-On Impressions

Check out the EA Sports MMA hands-on impressions.

Quote:

"I have to say that the standing game is very well put together. It’s fluid and responsive, and in the build we played it was very satisfying hitting your opponent. I know a lot of you were worried about how well this was going to be portrayed in the game, but set your mind at ease. This game makes you feel satisfied after getting a good solid punch landed.

Our first fights all consisted of heavyweights pretty much. This is where my first concern was brought into the light. I was concerned that the fighters punched a little slow, and moved a little too fluid and slow. This concern was put to sleep once we discovered the difference in weight classes when you fight. It really gives you an appreciation for smaller dudes and bigger dudes. There’s a DEFINITE difference, and it’s not a bad thing. This will make people want to delve into every weight class and try every fighter.

Every fighter is different. And we’re not just talking stance wise (ahem.. THQ). We’re talking movements and individual characteristics that make these fighters not only LOOK like their real-life counterparts, but also FEEL like they would feel if they were transformed into fully playable real life dudes. (can’t wait for EA MMA 2098!)"

Bash 05-21-2010 07:27 AM

:O @ those graphics

Stumbleweed 05-21-2010 12:33 PM

Re: EA Sports MMA Hands-On Impressions

Wow, this sounds amazing... seems like they really wanted to go a different direction than THQ with the submissions especially, and it seems like a good change of pace. This game is way more on my radar after reading those impressions, it sounds like a sim to me.

Jukeman 05-21-2010 12:49 PM

Sounds good but I still prolly past on it if not just rent it...I dont trust EA anymore..

From that read, Im more interested on how this "sim" aspect will translate to FNR5

Flightwhite24 05-21-2010 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jukeman (Post 2041083839)
Sounds good but I still prolly past on it if not just rent it...I dont trust EA anymore..

From that read, Im more interested on how this "sim" aspect will translate to FNR5

2 thumps up on this post. The trust factor is just not there like it used to be.

Phillmattic 05-21-2010 01:03 PM

It's good to hear these impressions after being a bit disappointed by the footage that was shown during the Strikeforce Nashville show.

This is going to be a great game.

they call me kevin 05-21-2010 01:07 PM

Sounds promising, but I don't truly trust the ability to be unbiased on a "hands on" that happens to be posted on their own forums.

Phobia 05-21-2010 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FLIGHTWHITE (Post 2041083882)
2 thumps up on this post. The trust factor is just not there like it used to be.

Completely agree. Nothing to do with hating EA or any of that nonsense. I just know how EA is and they tend to try and appeal to a LARGE mass which normally results in a dumbdown game and less sim aspects. So my trust in them making a solid sim game is just not there.