Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   NCAA Football 11 Dynasty Blog 3 of 3 - Recruiting Logic and Extras (/forums/showthread.php?t=418373)

The GIGGAS 06-07-2010 04:34 PM

NCAA Football 11 Dynasty Blog 3 of 3 - Recruiting Logic and Extras

Russ Kiniry, Designer of NCAA Football 11 has just posted dynasty blog #3 of 3, talking about recruiting logic and extras.

Quote:

"Dynasty is such a huge part of NCAA Football games that it took three blogs to get through all of the new features this year. You can check out the first two on the new Phone Call and Prospects by clicking on the links. This blog is dedicated to the behind the scenes logic and extras in NCAA Football 11 Online Dynasty and Dynasty Modes.

One of the biggest changes to Dynasty Recruiting this year is a new setting allowing control of the difficulty. It has four options: Freshman, Varsity (the default setting), All-American, and Heisman. What you will see as you increase the difficulty is the computer controlled teams will maximize the amount of points they earn each Phone Call. In turn, you really need to be on your game on Heisman mode to sign the Top Prospects.

A huge part of the Recruiting Logic is making the Prospects have a more realistic approach to what school they are going to attend. To accomplish this, we made a few changes to the Prospect’s thought process. First, before a Prospect can pick his final school, he has to have his Top 10 in order. Second, the better a Prospect is, the more it takes to get him to come to your school. Finally, for some Prospects staying near home is a major deal, and it should give those close schools an advantage."

LionsFanNJ 06-07-2010 04:37 PM

Re: Dynasty Blog 3 of 3: Recruiting Logic and Extras

AAARRRRGH. Beat me to it. lol. Anyway reading now, thoughts later.

Ok after reading it sounds pretty good that it will be harder for smaller schools to get the top talent Vs the BCS teams, BUT i didn't see anywhere where the teams will recruit to their offense. Still a little worried about that, but other than that i think its great the CPU will agressively go after recruits, especially on the higher recruiting difficulties. But d****t I hope teams recruit to their offense/defense. Fingers crossed.

Edit 2: I'm going to go ahead and say they're increasing the user limit in Online Dynasties this year since the E3 news seems to be OD info.

Jeff George 06-07-2010 04:43 PM

Well, Dix Stadium is in.

myownsun 06-07-2010 04:43 PM

Thanks for the heads up gigg

Barkley7 06-07-2010 04:44 PM

Liking the new half sacks and half tackles stat

thudias 06-07-2010 04:44 PM

Good..someone is taking notice of what is important to us.

foreverhorn 06-07-2010 04:47 PM

That was worth the wait....I love it. Finally some real competition in recruiting, and a slider to bring as much realism for the simmers.

fcboiler87 06-07-2010 04:48 PM

Sounds pretty awesome. In addition to the cool new features of recruiting, they have also tweaked stats to include assist tackles and half sacks (being a defensive coach, I love that).