Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Anybody know how to see outside receivers? (/forums/showthread.php?t=429407)

dalecooper 07-23-2010 10:43 AM

Anybody know how to see outside receivers?

Anybody know how to see the outside receivers and their routes if you have an old school 4:3 ratio TV? I seem to recall that in the old PS2 NCAA games, you could press a button to zoom out and see routes, and then press a stick side to side to tilt the camera angle, thus showing you more of one side of the field. But NCAA 11 doesn't seem to have this, and without a widescreen TV I usually can't see my primary and secondary receivers, once they are set. I actually will put them in motion or call more crossing routes and posts for them just so I can tell where they're going to be.

Maybe it's time I just talked my gf into letting me buy a big widescreen...

Mack Attack 11 07-23-2010 10:58 AM

Re: Anybody know how to see outside receivers?

Quote:

Originally Posted by dalecooper (Post 2041364949)
Maybe it's time I just talked my gf into letting me buy a big widescreen...

Best option if not to much of a headache.

mangler 07-23-2010 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mack Attack 11 (Post 2041365002)
Best option if not to much of a headache.

still can't see with a widescreen, imo.

coachchris 07-23-2010 11:29 AM

This is driving me nuts. Years past you could hold L2 and move the right stick to see the whole field presnap. Can people with widescreen tvs still do this? If so is there any setting I can change to make it happen?

Mack Attack 11 07-23-2010 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coachchris (Post 2041365155)
Years past you could hold L2 and move the right stick to see the whole field presnap. Can people with widescreen tvs still do this?

No can't do the right stick look like before but I have not had a problem seeing the outside receivers.

Pull n Pray 07-23-2010 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mangler (Post 2041365027)
still can't see with a widescreen, imo.

What do you mean? If you have a widescreen TV and hold right trigger to zoom out, you should be able to see all the recievers. If you can't, then there is something wrong with your setup.

I don't know about moving the camera left and right. I never used that feature because there's no need if you have widescreen.

kt-od 07-23-2010 12:56 PM

Yeah, I don't have a problem seeing outside WR on my HDTV widescreen either.

dshill 07-23-2010 03:54 PM

Even though I have a 4:3 TV, whenever I play NCAA I have it broadcast in widescreen. It causes a bit of image distortion, but I can at least see the outside receivers.